cHROME TO PHONE...yes IT WORKS

madspeed

Reaction score
Seen a bunch of people staing chrome to phone is not working. I have it working on my droid. You need to enable it through the app. I also am using Firefox on my PC, so you need the firefox addon called send to phone.... This puts a nice little clickable icon between the address bar and your google search bar your browser window. Hit that and it will send your page right to the phone. You can also right click on images or links and send to phone.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It does work....if u on the latest release of Froyo. (FRF57) On the initial release it didnt work. Unless there has been a chrome to phone update that makes it work on the old release of Froyo.

And yes, once installed, u have to register the phone by clicking on the app on the phone and hitting Register Device. Also, put the checkmark on "Launch Browser/Maps Driectly" in the app to send websites to the phone. Some ppl forget to do that too.

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeah it works on the updated version of froyo...

works quite well to be honest...

EDIT: jroc beat me to it....

Last edited:

Darkseider

Reaction score
Works like a champ. Sent the links to the .apks for the latest Flash and Sniper Shot to my phone and then when on the way home. Open notifications, click notification, D/L and install apps. DONE. Freakin' awesome

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Seen a bunch of people staing chrome to phone is not working. I have it working on my droid. You need to enable it through the app. I also am using Firefox on my PC, so you need the firefox addon called send to phone.... This puts a nice little clickable icon between the address bar and your google search bar your browser window. Hit that and it will send your page right to the phone. You can also right click on images or links and send to phone.

Where did you get firefox?

OP
madspeed

madspeed

Reaction score
yeah, i meant firefox on the pc. the fennec is too large a program (28megs) and doesn't yet support apps2sd

KidCuda

Reaction score
Works like a champ. Sent the links to the .apks for the latest Flash and Sniper Shot to my phone and then when on the way home. Open notifications, click notification, D/L and install apps. DONE. Freakin' awesome

Actually, where did you get flash? Can't seem to find it.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Hell yea chrome to phone is probably my favorite froyo feature right now. I switched to chrome from firefox after google announced this feature at I/O(I know there is an addon to firefox) and I must say that chrome blows firefox out of the water IMO, and I loved everything about firefox.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
u have the Chrome or Firefox extensions in the PC browser? Does it say Device registered in the chrome phone app? Are u signed into Google?

MontyMo

Reaction score
Dog gone it, I cannot fond
"latest release of Froyo. (FRF57)"

erikfig

Reaction score
Why does people like this so much?? This is the must stupid idea from google I have ever see!