Chrome 2 Phone alternative for Firefox

berzerkus

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this, I dislike chrome and prefer to use firefox. It's a personal preference. But I really liked using chrome 2 phone. I found a extension for firefox called 'send to phone' that works good.

Click Tools, Add-Ons, then click Get Add-ons. Search for "Send to Phone" and install it. (The link on mozilla's site didn't work, but this way I was able to get it to install and work)

*edit: ok I know this is in the Droid Hacks subforum, but I figured I'd add that you do need to be running a Froyo build in order for this to work. You will need the Chrome 2 Phone app for your droid as well. http://chrometophone.googlecode.com/files/chrometophone-android.apk

bill12690

Reaction score
been using this since the second leak of 2.2, and its worked pretty well for me so far. can't complain, and i'd also suggest it to other firefox users..

smokinfish

Reaction score
Google also has an extension for Firefox. Its in there lab section if I remember right

Relex

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, I wanted chrome to phone but I don't use chome.

minmongoblin

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to work when I don't have WiFi on...if 3G's on, the page/link never comes. Any help on that?

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
I can't seem to find it in Google Labs, anyone have a link?

I was using Sendtophone Firefox extension but it now gives me this error: There was an error sending: (status 500)

ERROR (Unable to send link)

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks!