Chinese iPad Clone Running Android 2.1!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wow, I would pick up one of those depending on price!

Here's more from Crunchgear:

iPad clones are hitting the scene at such a rapid pace that we simply can’t keep track of all them. Most of them aren’t worth your time but this boy is turning heads with specs to die for. Within the clearly iPad-inspired bezel is a 1Ghz ARM Cortex-A8 CPU, 512MB or RAM, 10-inch 1024×600 display, and a 2400mAH battery. All that power should run Android 2.1 without breaking a sweat.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow, I would pick up one of those depending on price!
I know. This is the first pad that catches my interest. One thing to point out is smartphones now have more ram than that, but no biggy. :p

Last edited:

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Most of the android tablets are running 1.5 or 1.6 though. If I were sure I could upgrade to 2.1 and beyond I'd pick one up but most are no-name companies that I have no faith in for future support.

Darkseider

Reaction score
There is a serious problem with this tablet. That is the 2400 mAH battery. Seriously think of it this way. The Moto Droid, Nexus, Incredible, etc... They all have essentially the same guts as this thing with 3.7" screens and last, on average, about 1 day of moderate use with a 1400 mAH battery. How long do you think this thing is going to last with a 2400 mAH battery and a screen that is 3X the size of the one on these phones? It's not a secret that the display is the primary consumer of your battery.

Break it down like this. There is a Nexus One power usage video on Youtube from Alldroid, I think. The Nexus lasted 7 hours with just MP3s playing and the screen on the whole time set to max brightness. The Nexus has a 1300 mAH battery. Now the video showed that the display was something like 92% of total battery usage on the Nexus. So we will, for comparisons sake, say 100%. Now triple the screen size should in theory use about 2.5x to 3x the power. So split the difference at 2.75x power consumption. Which leaves you with 2.54 hours with a 1300 mAH battery and roughly 5 hours with a 2400 mAH battery.

That seriously SUCKS ASS in no uncertain terms. Now if they shoved in a battery/batteries like the iPad with an approx. 5400 mAH rating then this tablet would be useful. Otherwise it is nothing more than a multi-media serving tray.