ChevyNo1 Tools Makes It's Debut :)

jbrtzfldr

Reaction score
If you can show me a ROM where ANY battery png's can be placed into framework and still see a % ... I will be surprised. Not saying it can't be done .. but would involve I think a fair bit of work, as they will have to overlay a textfield over top of an image ...

I'm mostly certain that Sapphire does this, and possibly Lithium as well. I remember that it was an option in the settings to display battery percentages over the battery. I just checked the framework-res of Sapphire, and the battery png's do not include percentages, yet you can enable them in the ROM. I'm assuming this means they overlay it.

OK thx for the info - I will check out Sapphire to see!

I could be totally wrong about all of this. All I know is that I remember seeing an option for it, so I'm assuming it's an overly. Thank you for looking into it though! I appreciate it.

Bg8780

Reaction score
Scripts always FC before it shows anything. Everything else seems to work. Any idea why this FC's when I select scripts?

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Scripts always FC before it shows anything. Everything else seems to work. Any idea why this FC's when I select scripts?

This has been covered in multiple threads - the issue is with /data/local/bootanimation.zip. Move it to /data/chevyno1/bootanimation/bootanimation.zip

Also - OTA patch #1 should fix this. Did you not get prompted to install?

Bg8780

Reaction score
Awesome! Worked perfect Chevy! Sorry I didnt take the time to search or read through. Thanks for the help and as usual the awesome work!

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Awesome! Worked perfect Chevy! Sorry I didnt take the time to search or read through. Thanks for the help and as usual the awesome work!

Cool, glad you got it working :)

spiller37

Reaction score
Boot Animations

Thanks for creating these kick ass roms and kernels. We all appriciate your hard work and creativity.

Would it be possible to have the menu of the bootanimations option search a folder on the sdcard? Perhaps /SimplyStunning/bootanimations/? Then when selected the script could replace bootanimation.zip in /data/chevyno1/bootanimation/. This option can't really be fully utilized with the limited space of the internal storage. Anyone have any thoughts?

dandroid10

Reaction score
My bro just dowloaded 4.9 and chevy tools wasn't. In his phone. Any idea why or what he can do?

NattyBee

Reaction score
My bro just dowloaded 4.9 and chevy tools wasn't. In his phone. Any idea why or what he can do?

weird that it wasn't there...did he do a clean install or install over 4.8/another rom? it's in app form now, which is different than previous versions of SS...if it's not there, he could try to just reinstall 4.9 (no wipe) and see if that fixes it...I'd suggest redownloading 4.9 though, just to be safe....

DRA60N

Reaction score
Hey I recently downloaded your SS 4.9 but, however I cannot find the chevyno1 tools anywhere. Am I'm supposed to do something to get them other than downlaoding the it. If so please help.

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Did u wipe before u installed?? Happened to me the first time, I had to wipe data and cache and it showed up after that

sent with my thumbs

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Would it be best to use the overclock in chevy tools, or set cpu? I'm running SS 4.95 with the supplied 1 lv kernel. Thanx

It really depends on your needs - the OC I include is relatively basic, no profiles, etc. BUT it is low-overhead compared to SetCPU, which will be more intensive. If you do not need profiles - I think you are better off without SetCPU.

dvgb173

Reaction score
Ok. So where is Chevy NO1 tools supposed to be now. I have it in my app drawer. I read in this thread it is now in settings. I thought it was there originally, but got moved.

Also, Does everyone have a 15-20 second lag from the time you open tools to the time something actually appears on the display?

D1 running:
-SS 4.96 no theme.
-Launcher Pro Plus
deleted ADW and Launcher2.

PS thanks for the keyboard slide checkbox! I wear mine on my belt and it slide ajar all the time. Hoping this will save my battery some.

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok. So where is Chevy NO1 tools supposed to be now. I have it in my app drawer. I read in this thread it is now in settings. I thought it was there originally, but got moved.

Also, Does everyone have a 15-20 second lag from the time you open tools to the time something actually appears on the display?

D1 running:
-SS 4.96 no theme.
-Launcher Pro Plus
deleted ADW and Launcher2.

PS thanks for the keyboard slide checkbox! I wear mine on my belt and it slide ajar all the time. Hoping this will save my battery some.

There was a link in settings that should NOT be there - use the one in your app drawer ...

The lag - it is hitting my ftp site to download news - should only do that the first time you open, unless you reboot, and it will check for updates again ...

Cool, glad someone else found a use for it. Was a suggestion from someone else, but I also find it useful.

Dood - we share the same initials - DougB ;)

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for creating these kick ass roms and kernels. We all appriciate your hard work and creativity.

Would it be possible to have the menu of the bootanimations option search a folder on the sdcard? Perhaps /SimplyStunning/bootanimations/? Then when selected the script could replace bootanimation.zip in /data/chevyno1/bootanimation/. This option can't really be fully utilized with the limited space of the internal storage. Anyone have any thoughts?

Totally missed this - I will definitely add it as an extra location to search!