Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oops, my bad. You're right Chevy.

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

cwciwatch

Reaction score
My battery icon on the status bar re-appears after I reboot. I then have to go back into ChevyNo tools, uncheck then re-check the "hide Battery" option. For some reason the Icon will not stay hidden after the phone is re-booted. All the other icons I have hidden stay hidden. What am I missing or doing wrong?

I love the fact that I can hide the battery icon because I use an extended battery and get sick of seeing the system icon. I use "Battery left" to monitor my battery so I do not use the system icon.

MotoDroid1
SS v4.7 Patch #2
Chevy Kernel 2.6.32 Med V 1.2Ghz
ADW Launcher
"WATERMARK'D" Theme

Running smooth and screamin fast.....LOVE IT :)

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
My battery icon on the status bar re-appears after I reboot. I then have to go back into ChevyNo tools, uncheck then re-check the "hide Battery" option. For some reason the Icon will not stay hidden after the phone is re-booted. All the other icons I have hidden stay hidden. What am I missing or doing wrong?

I love the fact that I can hide the battery icon because I use an extended battery and get sick of seeing the system icon. I use "Battery left" to monitor my battery so I do not use the system icon.

MotoDroid1
SS v4.7 Patch #2
ADW Launcher
"WATERMARK'D" Theme

Patch #1 fixed this particular issue - if you have not installed it, or been prompted to, check out my OTA Patch #1 thread

cwciwatch

Reaction score

MotoDroid1
SS v4.7 Patch #2
ADW Launcher
"WATERMARK'D" Theme

Patch #1 fixed this particular issue - if you have not installed it, or been prompted to, check out my OTA Patch #1 thread

Thanks, problem solved. Don't know how I missed that!

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

MotoDroid1
SS v4.7 Patch #2
ADW Launcher
"WATERMARK'D" Theme

Thanks, problem solved. Don't know how I missed that!

Cool :)

jbrtzfldr

Reaction score
Would it be possible to add an option to enable percentages on the battery for those of us using different themes? The theme I am using does not include the percentages on the battery.

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Would it be possible to add an option to enable percentages on the battery for those of us using different themes? The theme I am using does not include the percentages on the battery.

What you are looking for involves actually changing out the png's (which is what the theme did when they removed the ones I put in my ROM). That means it's not something I can fix, since it was the theme you installed that broke the %. Make sense? Of course, a NEW notification icon having only % in it could be coded in - but to change those images, no.

jbrtzfldr

Reaction score

What you are looking for involves actually changing out the png's (which is what the theme did when they removed the ones I put in my ROM). That means it's not something I can fix, since it was the theme you installed that broke the %. Make sense? Of course, a NEW notification icon having only % in it could be coded in - but to change those images, no.

Would there be a way to simply place the percentages over the battery icon? I believe that's how it is coded in other ROMs.

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Would there be a way to simply place the percentages over the battery icon? I believe that's how it is coded in other ROMs.

If you can show me a ROM where ANY battery png's can be placed into framework and still see a % ... I will be surprised. Not saying it can't be done .. but would involve I think a fair bit of work, as they will have to overlay a textfield over top of an image ...

jbrtzfldr

Reaction score

If you can show me a ROM where ANY battery png's can be placed into framework and still see a % ... I will be surprised. Not saying it can't be done .. but would involve I think a fair bit of work, as they will have to overlay a textfield over top of an image ...

I'm mostly certain that Sapphire does this, and possibly Lithium as well. I remember that it was an option in the settings to display battery percentages over the battery. I just checked the framework-res of Sapphire, and the battery png's do not include percentages, yet you can enable them in the ROM. I'm assuming this means they overlay it.

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I'm mostly certain that Sapphire does this, and possibly Lithium as well. I remember that it was an option in the settings to display battery percentages over the battery. I just checked the framework-res of Sapphire, and the battery png's do not include percentages, yet you can enable them in the ROM. I'm assuming this means they overlay it.

OK thx for the info - I will check out Sapphire to see!