check marks on top of screen

steven massey

Reaction score
So im tryn to figure this phone out and ive noticed there are alot of check marks on the top of the screen anyone know what they are

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So im tryn to figure this phone out and ive noticed there are alot of check marks on the top of the screen anyone know what they are

The check marks at the top of your screen are apps that you've downloaded and installed. To view them click on the menu button and go to notifications, and you can view them and / or clear them from there.

RayPaganJr

Reaction score
I'm disappointed with the instructions (among other things) that came with this phone. My dumb phone came with a book. It would be nice to know the answer to questions like this without having to come to this forum.

Zippster

Reaction score
You can also simply put your finger on them on "flick" them down and they show up.

kennyg23

Reaction score
that way is a little more complicated. it doesnt really stay open unlike just pressing the notifications button which does the exact same thing

pilot25

Reaction score
I'm disappointed with the instructions (among other things) that came with this phone. My dumb phone came with a book. It would be nice to know the answer to questions like this without having to come to this forum.
Here is the full userguide for the droid
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/783-droid-user-guide-pdf.html

It's a pretty weak and basic user guide. I understand they don't want to pay the cost of printing out full books but, come on, they didn't even give us one. At a minimum, they could have put a comprehensive book online.

noles200

Reaction score

I'm probably not just speaking for me when I say that I don't read those books. I like to play around and figure things out. Alot of times the books just give you the basics and don't give you some of the easter eggs you find by playing around. :icon_ banana:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can also simply put your finger on them on "flick" them down and they show up.

Yes this is true, but i have found it alittle harder to grab that bar from up there then it is to just click menu > notifications

Droider

Reaction score

Yes this is true, but i have found it alittle harder to grab that bar from up there then it is to just click menu > notifications

What you want to do to pull down the notifications is start your finger on the top ridge of the phone, just above the screen, and then pull/flick your finger down the screen of the phone until you are about an inch or so below the top of the screen, this should fling the notifications window to fully open and show everything. You can then press home button to hide it or grab it at the bottom and flick it up to close.

davidalolo

Reaction score
Drag it down and press clear they are the finished downloads you had.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score

I'm probably not just speaking for me when I say that I don't read those books. I like to play around and figure things out. Alot of times the books just give you the basics and don't give you some of the easter eggs you find by playing around. :icon_ banana:

Right there with you. I've been playing around with this whenever possible since I picked it up (except for the 2 hours sitting at the BlackJack table yesterday. And yes, I took home a few hundred)

I just can't get over this phone. Some minor quibbles, but it will just get better over time. Nothing to make me not want the phone, that's for sure. Already sold my Storm, so I'm going to find every little nook and crannie on this device.

Over50Droid

Reaction score
Don't need no stinking book..........

I believe the Droid marketing was aimed at people who are somewhat more technical literate than most. If you look at their TV commercials, it read does not say a Droid is a phone. Most of us knew what it was before it was announced because we look for new stuff like this but I digress......
I'd much rather have the developers design cool new stuff than to write code that a "dumb phone" could do when a thousand other people could write that code for them.:motdroidvert: