check for updates not available at this time

edon82

Reaction score
Anyone know why Im getting this message... Happens every time I check WiFi or not.. Maxx 12.15.15...think it started when I updated to the last ota rooted with moto root

Last edited:
OP
E

edon82

Reaction score
Anyone know why Im getting this message... Happens every time I check WiFi or not.. Maxx 12.15.15...think it started when I updated to the last ota rooted with moto root

Something stupid like how often do you ok Google now gets 31 response and I get none with a real question... Wtf

OP
E

edon82

Reaction score
Try un-rooting?

Ive tried and got the same result... On WiFi it sometimes looks like its gonna check then just stalls and I have to hit back a bunch of times to get back to the home screen..no one seems to have this particular problem

furbymac

Reaction score
Maybe try a factory rest....I'm not really sure never heard of anyone having that issue

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Well, it may be that the phone has not been updated to the version of OS numbered 12.15.15, and it's telling you that it is available.

View attachment 68831

Apparently the last attempt to update may have failed. The update was sent out in November and offered some enhancements to the OS, but is still not Kitkat, instead staying at 4.2.2. See Motorola DROID Ultra, DROID MAXX and DROID Mini updates rolling out to all users for additional information.

You may need to do a Factory Data Reset and then try the OTA update again. You may be forced to either do the update as a side-load or possibly to downgrade and then try again. I would suggest you clear cache and Dalvik Cache before proceeding. You can get to those in the Recovery menu.

The failure could be related to root, but it's more likely that it was a corrupted download. Root doesn't usually create update problems, it just gets broken when the update is done so you have to root again.

Last edited: