Cheap, flimsy battery hatch

mapexvenus

Reaction score
As much as I love the Droid, I am extremely disappointed with the battery hatch which is cheap, flimsy and KEEPS SLIPPING OUT!!! :icon_evil:

Roberek

Reaction score
Yea, it just popped out once or twice for me, annoying, but doesnt seem to be that bad for me.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
mape I don't have any problems with my battery door so I'm not sure if this fix actually works.

but bend all the metal tabs on the battery door slightly inward.

It MAY secure the door down a little better.

Dridge

Reaction score
I have to aggree on this one. I lost mine after only two days and had to tape the back with electrical tape. GHEEEEETO .

REARless

Reaction score
That's weird. Mine is the exact opposite. It is VERY difficult to get off. So much so that I have only done it twice since I got the phone.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
mine came off a couple of times so i tried what someone suggested i a previous thread, which was to cut a buissness card to fit inside the cover. this forces the cover out a tiny bit more. so far so good.

DaHarder

Reaction score
Exaggerate Much?

The battery cover is neither cheap nor flimsy, but it does have a tendecy to 'come loose'.

I solved this problem by bending the attatchement hooks out a few degrees with Vice Grips (tm).

... of course better engineering could have solved the issue entirely, but it is what it is at this point, and hardly a 'deal breaker' - IMO

Happy DROIDing​

iunknown

Reaction score
Mine fell off when I took the phone out of my pocket and got scratched :mad: I'll try the business card method, thanks for the tip.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Mine is quite secure as well. It really does take some power to take it off, it's never just slid off in my pocket.

southbend44

Reaction score
Mine had come off in my pocket at least a half dozen times. Tried the business card trick and have not had a problem since.

OP
M

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Exaggerate Much?

The battery cover is neither cheap nor flimsy, but it does have a tendecy to 'come loose'.

I solved this problem by bending the attatchement hooks out a few degrees with Vice Grips (tm).

... of course better engineering could have solved the issue entirely, but it is what it is at this point, and hardly a 'deal breaker' - IMO

Happy DROIDing​

The very fact that you had to build a fix is your acknowledgment that there is something wrong with the battery cover. Cheap and flimsy are descriptors. Think much?

Last edited:

jstrick5

Reaction score
Exaggerate Much?

Happy DROIDing​
He's not Exaggerating whatsoever putting it into my pocket sometimes dislodges the door and if I hold up the phone i can watch the door open slightly. Definitely a FAIL on a "flimsy" door design. Apparantly you thought the same after having to ghetto rig it with vice grips.