jonny_ks
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay... here's something rather suspicious... Comcast just congratulated TWC and Charter for this deal, and claim it "makes all the sense in the world."

Comcast says Charter TWC deal makes all the sense in the world

Is this just a case of surprising magnanimity, or is there some shady deal in the background that Comcast is somehow in on? I'm definitely not prone to flights of conspiratorial fantasy, but it seems pretty weird that Comcast would give such a pronounced and positive blessing on this. What do you guys think?

boidsonly

Reaction score
How is limiting competition/broadband choices a good thing? Charter throttles Netflix to death because Netflix does not pay the extortion fee they pay to VZW and other carriers/providers. And Charter gets away with it. Most days my upload speeds are greater than my download speeds. I'm paying for 30/5 and rarely ever see it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How is limiting competition/broadband choices a good thing? Charter throttles Netflix to death because Netflix does not pay the extortion fee they pay to VZW and other carriers/providers. And Charter gets away with it. Most days my upload speeds are greater than my download speeds. I'm paying for 30/5 and rarely ever see it.
You must be in a congested area. I pay for up to 60 down & consistently see 40 & I've been known to go on weekend-long Netflix binges with no issue. Only time I ever had trouble with Netflix was the few days before they kicked my 30mbps plan up to 60. Then, I was getting 5 or worse. After that, 40 or so every time I've checked.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

I've yet to experience any Netflix slowing. HD is almost instant and never buffers. Same with those I know with Charter (I work in IT so I get tons of at home issues). No, I don't use Charter for TV service, only internet.

Ophus

Reaction score
I had no issues with Charter when we had them in our area. It seemed like a good company and I was a little bummed when they sold out to Suddenlink. I have to say though after quite a few years with Suddenlink, I have changed my mind. They seem to be as good and even better than Charter was.