Charging Issues? Bad Battery?

xnj

Reaction score
Recently I bought a Droid 2 off of CL listed in good condition..it sounded too good to be true and it definitely was! i know i was a total bonehead and didn't 'test' it out, but it came with the box, book, and charger. The phone turned on perfectly and it all seemed fine...until the next day when the battery drained. Come to find out, the phone battery will NOT charge, and when I hook it up to my Mac via the USB cable nothing happens, no indicator on the phone. When it's plugged into the wall charger the white indicator light comes on, but it isn't charging. Which to me sounds like a bad battery..but wouldn't it still be able to link to my computer even with a bad battery? Maybe it's the port the cord goes to? I've tried two other droid chargers (my brother and husband both have one, i was trying to keep up with them!). I am kind of at a loss..of course the guy I bought it from on CL isn't responding to me about the issues so getting my money back isn't likely. I'm stuck with this phone and don't have insurance on it. Any suggestions besides telling me what a sucker I am?

justin090435

Reaction score
bad batter

If ur husband and brother both have droids, then try it out with one of there batteries, the d1 is the same battery as the d2, if it works and charges thenu know its a battery issue, if not then its the port, in which case ur not at a total loss. Check best buy or walmart for a universal battery charger, it works by setting the prongs to the appropriate size.... sorry to say that if it is the port then u will not be able to connect it via usb, ur gonna have to get a micro sd usb adapter for that. Hope this somewhat helps.

Ps. If it is the battery, check ebay or just do a google search for d1 or d2 batteries. U can find them pretty cheap.