Charging Bionic quirks

i can read

Reaction score
Does anyone elses bionic have a melt down while using It while it is charging? Mine doesnt like to let me Swype and the screen doesnt scroll right it quickly jumps up and down.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
Mine does that with 3rd party chargers. I pretty much have to stick with Verizon or Motorola chargers to keep that from happening.

OP
i can read

i can read

Reaction score
Mine is the one that came with the phone. I have even tried to pull the battery but that didnt help either.

Deebo

Reaction score
Mine does it too. Whenever I try to swype when on the charger, I get a bunch of random letters being typed. Scrolling is completely screwed up as well. My charger is also the one that came with the phone.

linuxgator

Reaction score
This isn't unique to the Bionic, it used to happen to my droid 3 occasionally. I think I've read about similar issues on other phones as well.

OP
i can read

i can read

Reaction score
Thanks glad to know mine is not the only one.

josh1980

Reaction score
The issue appears to stem from a power adapter that isn't providing clean power. I had a 3rd party power supply that caused issues on my phone. When I compared the output of the 3rd party power supply to the motorola charger I had with an oscilloscope there are nasty voltage spikes and valleys in the DC signal for the 3rd party. The Motorola power supply was MUCH cleaner. We created a small circuit to help clean up the output of the 3rd party power supply and the phone started acting normally. Of course, the components we used to fix the problem were not a good long term solution. I threw away the 3rd party charger and swore to stick with Motorola power supplies and USB ports on computers. I thought that if it's screwing with my phone that bad I don't want to find out if it's doing permanent long term damage.

I would suppose that a power supply that is starting to go bad may produce the same results. I recommend replacing your power adapter as soon as possible.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have two identical chargers... one works perfect and the other is buggy... they're both Motorola stock chargers.. guess its a hit or miss

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk