charge over night?

rkeller62

Reaction score
No, the battery will no longer accept charge once it is full, so leaving it plugged in will not overcharge.

warrior21

Reaction score
I've charged it every night since i got the phone and my battery life is great

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jasonb

Reaction score
same. i leave it on my charging dock all night every night.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
although this has been covered already, it doesn't hurt the battery at all.

once it's fully charged the phone recognizes it and no longer charges the battery.

c_law23

Reaction score
in another thread about this same thing someone said this isnt the case when it comes to the car charger as it doesn't do the "trickle" effect. What about plugged into your computer? I plug mine into my iMac every night instead of the wall. I imagine its the same as plugging it into the wall in this case.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
no nothing will happen...motorola has a thing that automatically shuts off power when fully charged =] it says so on a charger i got from them lol

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, battery technology has changed so much in the last decade, you can keep the phone plugged in forever if you want.

rmcray08

Reaction score
Also, if the USB cable that came with your Droid has an "Ecomoto" flag attached to it the charger will stop drawing power from the wall once your droid is fully charged. That is, assuming you're using the stock charger (or the charger included with the Motorola cradle).

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
in another thread about this same thing someone said this isnt the case when it comes to the car charger as it doesn't do the "trickle" effect. What about plugged into your computer? I plug mine into my iMac every night instead of the wall. I imagine its the same as plugging it into the wall in this case.

The wall charger shipped with the unit provides 850 mA of current. The USB 2.0 spec provides only 500 mA. Thus, charging through your computer or non-Droid charger will charge at just over half the full speed.

kdizzi3

Reaction score
i've noticed on my droid if i charge from dead to full in hour or two it will not last as apose to leaving it charging over night? any thoughts?