Changing the virtual keyboard??

TheMayor

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted but I cannot find it. I love the look of the stock virtual keyboard and hate the one comes with the Nextheme. Is there a way to replace a keyboard from stock theme and put in place of the nextheme keyboard??

I tried looking through all the files in a theme but I can't figure out where the keyboard is. Does anyone have a solution for me.

Reaction score
Are you trying to change the whole keyboard its self or just the theme of the keyboard?

OP
T

TheMayor

Reaction score
I just want the stock keyboard theme, while having the nextheme on everything else

ashkev843

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted but I cannot find it. I love the look of the stock virtual keyboard and hate the one comes with the Nextheme. Is there a way to replace a keyboard from stock theme and put in place of the nextheme keyboard??

I tried looking through all the files in a theme but I can't figure out where the keyboard is. Does anyone have a solution for me.

what rom are you on....stock keyboard is the LatinIme.apk on 2.1 or the LatinImeGoogle.apk on 2.2.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well i used www.gIMpSTa.com to create my own keyboard which will work on any rom. So you could probably just create a keyboard that looks like the stock or however you wanted and just use that