Changing icon captions/labels

tsaro

Reaction score
I've created a home page of quick dial numbers, each of which is labeled by default "Call _____". Does anyone know if there's a way to remove the word "call" from these labels? It just takes up space and, in some cases, prevents me from seeing the full name of the contact.

OP
T

tsaro

Reaction score
bump

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i have no idea on that but the phone dialer app "atakephone" has an option to open in favs mode and you just hit em and it calls or you can long press for more options.

pmas

Reaction score
I've created a home page of quick dial numbers, each of which is labeled by default "Call _____". Does anyone know if there's a way to remove the word "call" from these labels? It just takes up space and, in some cases, prevents me from seeing the full name of the contact.

Get the app "bettercut." it lets you rename and change icons. I rename all of the long named apps.

herbmmm

Reaction score
If someone try's this please let me know how it works out. I downloaded Bettercut for $2.99 but it wouldn't work on Home Pages unless I downloaded Open Home which is $3.99 I'm not sure it worth all this!

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score

Get the app "bettercut." it lets you rename and change icons. I rename all of the long named apps.

If someone try's this please let me know how it works out. I downloaded Bettercut for $2.99 but it wouldn't work on Home Pages unless I downloaded Open Home which is $3.99 I'm not sure it worth all this!

+1 for bettercut and I don't have Open Home, so maybe you're doing something wrong.

OP
T

tsaro

Reaction score

+1 for bettercut and I don't have Open Home, so maybe you're doing something wrong.

Reviews in the market seem to indicate trouble using with Sense. Is anyone using this on an INC?

OP
T

tsaro

Reaction score

I'm not sure either, but from what I've read, Bettercut does have trouble working with Sense. Have you found the Bettercut/Open Home combo to be a fully working solution?

herbmmm

Reaction score

I'm not sure either, but from what I've read, Bettercut does have trouble working with Sense. Have you found the Bettercut/Open Home combo to be a fully working solution?

When I saw I had to download another program I deleted the first and Gave Up!

OP
T

tsaro

Reaction score
Yeah, don't think I'd want to pay nearly $7 for this either. Maybe the developer will come up with a solution one of these days.