Changing email password

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Is there a way of changing my pop email password (already done online and on my PC). Got my email spoofed and needed to change the PW. On my ICS Rez, is there any way of changing it without just deleting the profile and starting a new one all over again? I looked all over the place but didn't see any way of just editing the PW. Very strange.

VidJunky

Reaction score
Not that I've found if you've already changed the password, because this would be an individual account change, and in order to do that you have to be in the account which you will not be able to do with a correct password. I'm not sure what your reluctance is to deleting the account and setting it up again? You should loose nothing except maybe drafts that you haven't sent and possibly items that show up in your sent from device folder. However a good back up program, such as MyBackUp Pro or Astro File Manager, may save these and allow you to restore them once you've setup the account again, if they don't automatically sync once the account is set up again. After all you're just changing the password essentially, and not uninstalling the app.

Of course you should set up your accounts to save everything on the server to avoid low memory errors on the phone, this would eliminate the possibility of loss due to phone issues and factory resets, and you may not have any of these type files anyway. In which case this is all moot. There are a ton of good threads on setting up email on every forum.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There should be a way, from the email app try going into settings and then tap on your account and there should be incoming/outgoing settings and there should be an area to edit passwords. For pop accounts you might have to change both incoming/outgoing settings.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
There should be a way, from the email app try going into settings and then tap on your account and there should be incoming/outgoing settings and there should be an area to edit passwords. For pop accounts you might have to change both incoming/outgoing settings.

I agree there should be but there isn't. Guess I'll just have to delete the account and set it up again. Thanks folks.

VidJunky

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can change the password if you change it from the phone first. You can change it within the individual account but you have to be in the account for that option. You can not change it from the general app settings.

For Maildroid you long press the account form the list of accounts and it gives you a pop-up menu that allows you to change the password and all the other setup info you entered to add the account.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something. Thought you just changed it on your server then changed in your phone settings. Done that several times easily with no problems. Am I misunderstanding the question?

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
My email address was spoofed so I changed my password with ATT online. Then I changed to the new password on my PC (I use the email client in my browser - Seamonkey). Then I wanted to change it on my cell phone. That's what I was asking about but I couldn't find any way to do it without simply deleting the account and setting up another one with the new password. I hope that's clearer. I'll check out Maildroid and see if that will do it if I have to change it again in the future.

VidJunky

Reaction score
My email address was spoofed so I changed my password with ATT online. Then I changed to the new password on my PC (I use the email client in my browser - Seamonkey). Then I wanted to change it on my cell phone. That's what I was asking about but I couldn't find any way to do it without simply deleting the account and setting up another one with the new password. I hope that's clearer. I'll check out Maildroid and see if that will do it if I have to change it again in the future.

If you download a new app for mail you'll have to set up everything all over again and it will be just like deleting the account and redoing it anyway. Try opening your email app so you can see all of the accounts, and then long press on the account you want to change. In Maildroid this opens a menu with 5 options, one of them being edit settings. In that one you can change your password, edit your ports and all of those things you did or it did for you when you set up the account. I'm sorry you're still having issues with this. I hope this reaches you in time.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Seems one can not change the password Via phone settings, account & sync.

The password can be changed from the email app.
Settings, account settings.