Changing battery icon with stock rom

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ill just have to become a member of dropbox? Is it dropbox.com? I know I ask a lot questions haha but is it hard to install themes? I don't really wanna change the rom yet but maybe the theme if it doesn't change much. Im researchin themes now to see what I can gain. What are your thoughts on themes?

Sent from my rooted D2

Khiraji

Reaction score
I've spent the past hour or so investigating how to go about getting the circle battery icon on my stock D2. Apparently the phone only reports battery levels in 10% increments (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-roms/114519-battery-increments.html).

However, my D2 also does not appear to have images for odd-numbered percentages. For example, using 7zip to peek inside my framework-res.apk file, the only battery images are: stat_sys_battery_10.png (which continue up to 20, and then jump to 40, 60, 80, 100). There are no odd increments (30, 50, 70, 90).

What's up with that? Are my files damaged/corrupted or is this the way it's supposed to be? Also, if I swap the existing files with Ninjamorph, will things break? Could I add in the "missing" files, or, since there may be no entries for the odd increments in the XML file, that's not possible?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Are my files damaged/corrupted or is this the way it's supposed to be?
Its probably supposed to be like that.
Also, if I swap the existing files with Ninjamorph, will things break?
CM only shows 20% increments. I placed 10% .pngs in the rom, but it only used the 20%. It didnt hurt anything. I'd make a backup, just in case.
Could I add in the "missing" files, or, since there may be no entries for the odd increments in the XML file, that's not possible?
Some roms show 10% increments. It should be possible to swap or edit the files. I opened a rom that did and compared it to CM's rom, but evidently thats beyond my capabilities now.