Changes in GMail

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently there have been some changes made in gmail about the way you can sort contacts and such. i.e., you can now sort by last name first.

If you click on to your gmail on line you should get an update notification. I'm looking for that link which describes the changes. If somebody can go to their gmail account and post that link, it would be appreciated. I had it but I lost the darn thing.

Just post it up in this thread. For those of you wondering what this has to do with the Droid, it's a google phone and this is where your contact back ups are kept.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
gmaill.jpg

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir. That's just what I was looking for. :)

Derekweb

Reaction score
you sort by last name in gMail contacts, it does not show up in Droid or in Goggle Voice contacts!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
you sort by last name in gMail contacts, it does not show up in Droid or in Goggle Voice contacts!

Go into contacts on your droid, the option is there....

gprichardson1

Reaction score
Open contacts, go into menu, then select Display Options. In there there's a "Sort List by".

Caveat - I manually updated to 2.2, so maybe this is only a 2.2 option and is not in 2.1.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Open contacts, go into menu, then select Display Options. In there there's a "Sort List by".

Caveat - I manually updated to 2.2, so maybe this is only a 2.2 option and is not in 2.1.

Yes this is a 2.2 feature. Not 2.1