Changed gmail password, now problems

NADA918

Reaction score
So I changed my main gmail account password on the computer.. Now I can't find anywhere on the phone in order to change it.. I tried deleting the account so that I could re-add it, but its telling me I will need to wipe the entire phone in order to remove it..

Does anyone Know how to change the password on an existing gmail account linked to the phone?

Thanks!

whec716

Reaction score
i changed mine yesterday and the phone prompted me 5 minutes later

fiasco

Reaction score
I changed my password as well and never received a prompt. When I try to use anything related to the gmail pw all I get is an endless string of Google Sign-in screens using captcha. No matter how many times I enter the right word, it just goes to another captcha screen. Nothing has been the same since updating to 2.3.15

selex

Reaction score
I just ran into the same problem today as a matter of fact, which is why I was looking at this post.

Option 1:
When you go into My Account, click on the gmail account and open it up. Then under the options button click snyc all. It should then give you an error that the account will not connect in the notification area. Click on that and it will ask for the new password and a captcha prompt. The captcha words are small, squished together, and random letters. Its a royal pain to get the right word, but keep inputting the letters until it stops freaking out.

Option 2:
Go into Android Market and it will ask for the password too.

It took me a good 20 minutes to get it to snyc right, but it worked eventually.

Hope that helps.

Selex

fiasco

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this does not work for me. I have read similar threads where lucky folks got such a prompt, but all I get is the captcha screen--nowhere to enter the new password. This happens whether I try market or my gmail account under My Accounts.

I talked to Motorola last night and they said the only solution is to do a hard factory reset and lose everything.

Since you got the prompt, can I ask what kind of phone you have? I have a Droid X running 2.3.15

If one must do a hard reset every time they change their password, then this is a MONUMENTAL DESIGN FLAW of the droid. Had I known, I would have never purchased it.

I will do the hard reset, but most likely I will get rid of the phone, go back to my old LG Voyager, which never gave me a problem, and wait for Verizon to carry the iPhone. It is only a matter of time.

I can't express the degree of my disappointment in the Droid. Changing your email password on a regular basis is simply a good habit, whether or not your account has been compromised. To have to reset your phone and spend hours replacing apps and contacts and other info is simply unacceptable.

Consumers should be warned about this before they purchase the device. It is a colossal defect.

selex

Reaction score
Droid X with 2.3.15. Can't tell you what I did differently then it just came up with the password confirmation. I use the standard Windows practice of rebooting the phone when it does weird things. I rebooted it at least once during that procedure.

Selex

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App