Change your frickin battery!

SupAll

Reaction score
@sup 12 hours?!?!

12 hours may be a bit excessive but its not an unwarranted amount of time to make sure your phone is completely charged. Many chargeable batteries tend to have two charge times - one to 100% and one that is completely charged. Generally, you would want to do the longer charge overnight.

Wolfnacht44

Reaction score
My .02

SetCPU with an interactive gov. Seems to chew batt life... onDemand however does not... I don't know what the difference is... UD 2.0 was a little harder on my batt as well but I had my phone loaded with apps...
Currently running PE 3.5 with slayher 1.1Ghz 1.6 lowvolt with set cpu prof. And it ate up batt as well... realized profiles wasn't working properly as well as setcpu itself... seeked out the possible issue and found that the rom cpu gov was enabled and interfering with setcpu...
A few things to help with batt life...
SetCPU for profiles
Atleast set the screen off profile 250/250
100% 1.1ghz/900
70% 900/700
50% 500/250
30% 400/250
And I also have temp profiles set

All on demand
Try n keep active widgets to a min...
My batt life did increase tremendously... and I use my phone HARD
Just my input...
I've had phone of all kinds... and mobile devices of all kinds...

General note on li-ion batt:
They are good untill the cells quit... I've had phone batts last for 2 years + (motorola phones few samsung and an lg) laptop li ion lasted for till the laptop quit... and then I had some die off... within 6months... its all about use... and the environment... li ion in optimum environment will last... extreme heat (115F plus) will breakdown the chemicals inside the cells causing them to die off and render useless holding less or shorter charges.. 140F will send the batt into a thermal runaway causing itself to overheat and have an internal meltdown... in cases of extremecold... I have not tested or expirenced... again this is my input from general and overall expirence
"The quieter your become, The more your able to hear" -BackTrack

GDO7

Reaction score
@Wolfnacht44 This is EXACTLY what I am testing right now. It seems that I didn't disable the ROM's governor and it was throwing SetCPU off and making the phone work major overtime. I should know if this worked in a few hours.

mursepaolo

Reaction score
I definitely agree it's on certain builds. My battery meter was fine on 0.5. When I flashed MIUI and 0.6.1, the meter started going wacky.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I'm experiencing significantly better battery life with .6.1 than I did with .5. Might be with the fact that I don't have a Chevy 1.25Ghz Kernel and I'm keeping the stock kernel and stock launcher.

I started to notice my OEM battery not lasting as long per charge after about a year. Buying a $5 Amazon "supposed" OEM fixed the problem for me. I'm pretty anal about keeping batteries charged and at 100%. I feel like I'm sawing off my legs+arms when battery gets below 60%. My friends will attest to this.

I just replaced my parent's droids with Amazon batteries after they too complained - both claim to have better life. Could just be the placebo effect... Imo, these batteries don't last long especially with heavy use/drains.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
My .02

General note on li-ion batt:
They are good untill the cells quit... I've had phone batts last for 2 years + (motorola phones few samsung and an lg) laptop li ion lasted for till the laptop quit... and then I had some die off... within 6months...

Exactly. I have a Dell Latitude D830 that I've used every day for 12 hours a day for the last 2 years. I bought 2 media li-ion batteries and cycled them in/out religiously. One holds a 10 min charge, the other holds a several hour charge still.

bronx finest

Reaction score
I purchased a new battery, definitely lasts a good bit longer.

My old batt was a year old, and was ran until dead quite quite quite a few times.

Wolfnacht44

Reaction score
@Wolfnacht44 This is EXACTLY what I am testing right now. It seems that I didn't disable the ROM's governor and it was throwing SetCPU off and making the phone work major overtime. I should know if this worked in a few hours.

I figured that most people wouldn't realize that most roms have their own kernel manager... hence my .02 I seen a lot of posts regarding batt life n not one mention the interference...

Lemmie know how your results fair out...

Side note to extending batt life...
Keep processor speeds low... unless needed or profile...
Keep location setting/gps off unless needed
Keep brightness at min or extremely low... unless needed
Keep wifi and syn disabled unless needed
Minimize the amount of ACTIVE(refreshing) widgets to a min(I use 2)
Also regularly charge your phone and monitor batt temps... DONOT LET BATT TO EXCEED 120F and absolutely do not let batt exceed 130 at most or it will roast itself...
Anyone else feel free to add

Edit:
@bronx sometimes replacing the batt will have. Noticeable increase... some are hit or miss but as a general statements the previous apply everything I listed are fqctors to batt life/charge

GDO7

Reaction score

I figured that most people wouldn't realize that most roms have their own kernel manager... hence my .02 I seen a lot of posts regarding batt life n not one mention the interference...

Lemmie know how your results fair out...

Side note to extending batt life...
Keep processor speeds low... unless needed or profile...
Keep location setting/gps off unless needed
Keep brightness at min or extremely low... unless needed
Keep wifi and syn disabled unless needed
Minimize the amount of ACTIVE(refreshing) widgets to a min(I use 2)
Also regularly charge your phone and monitor batt temps... DONOT LET BATT TO EXCEED 120F and absolutely do not let batt exceed 130 at most or it will roast itself...
Anyone else feel free to add

Edit:
@bronx sometimes replacing the batt will have. Noticeable increase... some are hit or miss but as a general statements the previous apply everything I listed are fqctors to batt life/charge

Might not be a need to now. 0.6.2 seems to be out there and I snagged it. I can already tell a difference out of the box. Battery life tests will be performed shortly.

Wolfnacht44

Reaction score
@GD what's your method of preforming the batt tests?

GDO7

Reaction score

I went back to 0.5 where I had EXCELENT battery life and ran the phone hard with music, screen constantly on, and full brightness until it died. It took about 8 hours and was officially my benchmark. Then I flashed a fresh 0.6.1 and did the same. I got about 3-4 hours out of it before it died. I then started playing with things and switching stuff around, turning stuff off/on, etc. Nothing seemed to work. I guess now I have to see if 0.6.2 will solve the issues at hand.

anewday

Reaction score

I went back to 0.5 where I had EXCELENT battery life and ran the phone hard with music, screen constantly on, and full brightness until it died. It took about 8 hours and was officially my benchmark. Then I flashed a fresh 0.6.1 and did the same. I got about 3-4 hours out of it before it died. I then started playing with things and switching stuff around, turning stuff off/on, etc. Nothing seemed to work. I guess now I have to see if 0.6.2 will solve the issues at hand.
Wow, your battery lasts 8 hours with the screen on at full brightness. :icon_eek:

GDO7

Reaction score

Wow, your battery lasts 8 hours with the screen on at full brightness. :icon_eek:

about 7 hours and 42 minutes so I rounded up. That was on 0.5. On a normal day with medium usage I could get 26 hours occasionally, but normally stayed around 20-22.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I'm running UD 2.5 and have WONDERFUL battery life.

Display 32%
Phone Idle 17%
Cell Standby 14%
Power AMP 12%
Media Server 11%

I listen to music for 6+ hours a day with power amp. Plus regular text and talk.

With a full charged battery I can go for almost 2 days (including 12 hours of music) without recharging.

Im also using juice defender (ultimate) by the way.

Also put into factor that battery life can be eaten up fairly quick if your cell signal isnt very good. My signal is usually between -60 to -75 DB in my area (which is really good) Dont trust the signal bar, it isnt correct. Check in Settings>About Phone>Status>Signal Strength. Lower the dBm level the better.

Last edited: