Change your frickin battery!

audioman42

Reaction score
I've been seeing a lot of "my battery life sucks" threads lately. Lithium batteries lose their mojo after about a year (depending on how heavily they're used), so pick up a new one on Amazon for $5 shipped; you'll most likely see an instant improvement.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Life-span is more like 2 to 3 years...plenty long enough for a phone.

GDO7

Reaction score
Brand new battery here, genius!

Though there may be a problem with batteries in a few of these instances maybe you should consider the fact that some people do have new batteries before you decide to throw in your 2 cents in on a new thread dedicated to calling folks out.

Yeah, you look REAL smart now.

Nice job at FAILING!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know. My battery's fine & I abuse it. Sometimes I wonder if people are just expecting too much from them but there are lots of threads about jumpy %'s recently so something could be afoot!

@OP yeah they're dirt cheap alright but if your voltage is correct it's most likely not your battery's problem.
@GD07 nuh uh would have sufficed.

GDO7

Reaction score
@GD07 nuh uh would have sufficed.

It quite possibly would have, but this thread was really pointless.

Besides, what fun would it have been if I just said "nuh uh" and left it at that? :icon_ devil:

bekyndnunwind

Reaction score
Actually the battery issues you have been seeing are caused by certain builds. We can downgrade back to BB .5 and .4 without seeing these issues.

Also, I bought a brand new battery and this did not fix the issue.

Thanks for the advice though...

ziltoid

Reaction score
My Droid is only 6 months old and new battery. When I flash another ROM, the problem goes away. Flash BB 6, battery is not so good. Sucks because I really like the ROM.

TS is my hero.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are your battery usage details staying normal? Not seeing cell standby or something weird like that take up all the juice?

ziltoid

Reaction score
Are your battery usage details staying normal? Not seeing cell standby or something weird like that take up all the juice?

I just checked mine and it does show Cell Standby at 45%
Im guessing this is not a good thing? What can I do?

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
@bekynd No that's not good..... other than to sbf which no one wants to hear I don't know. It's definitely not your battery.
@GD07 nuh uh my avatar is the single most important piece of data known to man.

GDO7

Reaction score
HA HA!

BTW, I have seen my display taking up battery like a fat kid in a donut shop. Nothing has changed from 0.5 to 0.6.1 as far as my visible display goes. Obviously something isn't playing nice between 0.6.1 and the apps I am assuming.