Change voicemail number?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do I change my voicemail number from *86 to my gv number?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Settings > Call Settings > VM Service

Or use the app, which I prefer.

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you but still running into a problem. When pressing the voicemail button on the dialpad it doesn't go to my google voice and prompt me to enter my pin. Rather it says I am not available as if I'm trying to call myself...know how to fix that?

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reran it and still the same thing...can't figure it out...

born2golf

Reaction score
From the dialer, dial *71+your GV #, such as *71-212-765-9876

This will route all your incoming calls to the GV mailbox including your attempts to check your normal verizon wireless mailbox. You will still dial *86 but will be connected to your GV mailbox. To set it back to verizon, do the same thing using *73

Alternatively, or from any other phone, just dial your GV #, and press * during the greeting and you will be prompted to enter a PIN to access the mailbox as well. (assuming you set up a pin in the first place)

Side note: be sure your verizon mailbox is empty prior to doing this, otherwise you will have a perpetual notification that you have mail in that mailbox (annoying) and you will have to undo your settings to get back to verizon wireless just to fix it.

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I got it figured out even though I was doing the *71 thing it didn't work, but I had to go in and change my Voicemail number in Call Settings to my GV number for some reason...now it works

born2golf

Reaction score
Thanks, I got it figured out even though I was doing the *71 thing it didn't work, but I had to go in and change my Voicemail number in Call Settings to my GV number for some reason...now it works

I had the opposite problem. I had all the settings right but on my phone (D2) the dialer instructions I sent you overrode all the menu settings. so no matter how much I played with the settings nothing made a difference.