Change Text Ringtone?

Fr3sh2De4th

Reaction score
Okay I assigned ringtones to all of my contacts but everytime I get a txt I still hear "Droooooooooid" for everyone. I've had the phone for like 2 weeks now & I'm tired of the death glare I keep getting from people when they hear it lol. Anyways can I change this? I think I may have to change my notification ringtone (my guess) but will I be able to assign different toness for when different contacts txt? Sorry for the noob question dancedroid

KevinJ

Reaction score
Are you running the standard messaging app that came with the phone? If so, when it's running press Menu >> Settings and scroll down to Select Ringtone. There you can set it to what you wish.

Unfortunately with the app that comes with the phone you can only have a global ringtone for txt messages. Some of the other apps out there on the market may let you have individual ones, but I'm not familiar with any of them. I'm boring in real life, so I don't care if all my txts have the same notification sound. :)

crodgers

Reaction score
I have an Incredible. I am unable to change the text notification sounds. I change it through the settings, but it goes back to the original sound. Please help!!

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
I believe Handcent will let you do that. As for the Incredible, I have no idea.

OP
F

Fr3sh2De4th

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone I'm gonna go try handcent

Alster2005

Reaction score
I had the same problem with changing the notification ringtone. I had to fo to my email, settings, accounts, and press and hold the account you want to change, account settings, and scroll down to select ringtone. It didn't work for me the first time. maybee I was doing something wrong. I tried it like 3 times and it finaly worked.