Change phone.apk and contacts.apk in new theme??

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How many of you actually like the MIUI phone & contacts UI's??
Just trying to find out if users want to keep those??

I'm almost finished with the theme I was working on for MiUI, but really dislike the dialer and contacts that are defaults oon this ROM and plan to switch them out....unless users don't want that...

What say you guys??
Anything else that you'd like to see changed??

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I personally like the phone and contacts ui. What type of theme are you creating?

JStandiford21

Reaction score
Mbk, you are Fn awesome. I'm totally rocking your UD 2 blue theme and love it. But I love me some MIUI and im stoked that you are doing one for it.

Need any testers let me know.

Oh, and I like the phone and contacts.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I personally like the phone and contacts ui. What type of theme are you creating?
It'll be basically TruBlue with some changes specific to MIUI.... so some like that plain look? I'd like to port over the transparent contacts a d my dialer with the blue accents

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mbk, you are Fn awesome. I'm totally rocking your UD 2 blue theme and love it. But I love me some MIUI and im stoked that you are doing one for it.

Need any testers let me know.

Oh, and I like the phone and contacts.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

So you'd just like the MIUI phone and contacts, but made blue accented?

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It'll be basically TruBlue with some changes specific to MIUI.... so some like that plain look? I'd like to port over the transparent contacts a d my dialer with the blue accents

Sweet, can't wait to rock that. And as the dialer goes, I think the majority of people using miui like the stock phone and contacts. Back when miui was a just starting up, the phone app wasn't working and we had to use a transparent dialer as a work around and I don't think a lot of people liked it.

So you'd just like the MIUI phone and contacts, but made blue accented?
Yeah that would probably be the better route. If you need and help testing, hit me up.

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.... yeah I think I'm gonna scrap the current direction and redo a lot of it from the start again... didn't realize that most liked the plain text boxes and plain backgrounds..... I'll have to change 'my' thought process.... cheers

JStandiford21

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.... yeah I think I'm gonna scrap the current direction and redo a lot of it from the start again... didn't realize that most liked the plain text boxes and plain backgrounds..... I'll have to change 'my' thought process.... cheers

Awesome man, I'm sure whatever you come up with will be smooth sexy stuff, lol. It may bring me back to MIUI, ive been waiting til another update, but this could bring me back sooner.

As far as the contacts and phone go, I do like the MIUI ones but I'd have to have a look at both before I could be for sure which I liked better, lol.

The stock with blue accents does sound good, but the ones on your UD theme are sweet.

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow.... sorry guys, but this ROM is not working out for me... I just can't get past the very plain screens.......
I can change the background colors, and system font colors, but without changing the entire look of the ROM itself, I just can't make it look that much different...
sure I can change the look of the widgets for music, googlesearch, and such, but the rest of the ROM still stays plain on plain...

too bad to, I loved the innovative sides of this ROM, but I just can't find enough desire to continue on it... sorry...:(

JStandiford21

Reaction score
Wow.... sorry guys, but this ROM is not working out for me... I just can't get past the very plain screens.......
I can change the background colors, and system font colors, but without changing the entire look of the ROM itself, I just can't make it look that much different...
sure I can change the look of the widgets for music, googlesearch, and such, but the rest of the ROM still stays plain on plain...

too bad to, I loved the innovative sides of this ROM, but I just can't find enough desire to continue on it... sorry...:(

That saddens me. Go ahead and change it up and some people might like it, including me.

But if you don't, thanks for trying man, you do great stuff.

OP
Mbk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well I doubt I will proceed with this, because it"s been hard to change some of the backgrounds..... even sneaky's ported one shows plain on one menu screen, then solid blue on the next..... that's a hard canvas to work with