Change over to Droid Global from Blackberry Storm

SGTB99

Reaction score
Going through withdrawl right now as I start on this Droid, been with Blackberry for so long and did not think I would change. But here I am with this Droid 2 Global.
I can't say anything bad about Blackberry so don't ask or look for it.
This is something new and have to adjust to the changes instore for me.

dancedroid

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Welcome aboard. There is a learning curve so feel free to ask whatever comes to mind.

Sent from somewhere...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: aboard!

Little tip to make your Droid experience that much better... You don't need (and should uninstall since there's a very good chance a Verizon employee saddled you with) a task killer. Task killers are BAD NEWS for Android phones. :)

OP
SGTB99

SGTB99

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard!

Little tip to make your Droid experience that much better... You don't need (and should uninstall since there's a very good chance a Verizon employee saddled you with) a task killer. Task killers are BAD NEWS for Android phones. :)

What is a task killer and where do I find it to get ride of it...thanks

OP
SGTB99

SGTB99

Reaction score
that is another thing about this phone, the apps are all over nothing is in a section like blackberry is.
this is going to take me a while to work through. also i see I dont have to close an app after using it or is it something I missed

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Always check for a quit or exit or logout option, but if there isn't one then it usually closes when you back out of it.

Oh, hitting back is better than hitting the home button because the home button "assumes" you want to go back to the app so it keeps it running for a while.

OP
SGTB99

SGTB99

Reaction score
Always check for a quit or exit or logout option, but if there isn't one then it usually closes when you back out of it.

Oh, hitting back is better than hitting the home button because the home button "assumes" you want to go back to the app so it keeps it running for a while.

Does that apply to when you use the browser?

OP
SGTB99

SGTB99

Reaction score
No main menu buton to let me take it back to home page in the browser? Or geting to a bookmark listing like BB has?
Allot of relearning. Glad I got the basics at least.