cd music to droidx

howard5674

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to transfer music from a cd to the droid x.I copied some music from itunes an put them on a cd. Thanks for some help--Howard

OP
H

howard5674

Reaction score
i copied itunes music to a cd an can not transfer the songs to my droidx . i'm running 2.2- How can i install the music on my x -Thanks Howard

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i copied itunes music to a cd an can not transfer the songs to my droidx . i'm running 2.2- How can i install the music on my x -Thanks Howard

The best way to do it I think is with iTunes. iTunes will turn the files into AAC format or MP3. Droid will play either one of those formats.

If you're using Windows Media Player to import it and are running 2.2 then you probably are getting .wav files and I don't think Droid with 2.2 will play those.

Windows Media Player may convert as well, I'm just not certain.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
As a continuation of what hook said, you can use Windows Media player to 'rip' the CD as .mp3 files and then copy them over.

good luck

kevinkar

Reaction score
There are plenty of methods to do this and it all depends on how picky you are about the quality of your music and which devices you play them on and if those devices provide the listening experience you want.

I used Exact Audio Copy to rip all of my CDs to MP3s but I used much higher quality settings than most people as well as Variable Bitrate Recording. Your requirements may be less stringent. I don't think there's anything better at ripping MP3s from CDs than EAC. It's a bit technical but worth it.

I think you can also use Windows Media Player to rip your music but I have not done that.

Once you have the MP3s, you can simply hook up your Droid X to your PC using the micro USB connector and transfer what you want to a folder on your SD card (helps if you make a folder called Music) and you should be good to go.

Kevin