Carrying over your Contacts

CrappyPhone

Reaction score
In order for all my contacts to be transfered to my new TB, am i going to have to go to a verizon store, or is there some other way to do this?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have them in your Gmail account they will install automatically.

Ad0131065

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Backup assistance will do it or if you came from an android phone all your numbers should be synced with google contacts

Sent from my DROIDX

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
I have Backup Assistant on my Voyager. Is this available on the TB? I have 185 contacts w/phone and emails that I really hope I don't have to re-enter.

Ad0131065

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes BA should be on it. I don't have mine yet will later today. But my x came with it so I dont see y the TB wouldn't. Just make sure it backs them up.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
C

CrappyPhone

Reaction score
Im guessing backup assistant is something you have to download to your phone?? I just have a stock env touch with no data plan, so i cant take advantageof BA can i?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
BA is a VZW app which comes preinstalled on some of the phones with blur. Are your contacts in Gmail?

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
Im guessing backup assistant is something you have to download to your phone?? I just have a stock env touch with no data plan, so i cant take advantageof BA can i?

I believe I had to download and install on my Voyager myself. It's free. My contacts are uploaded automatically every night....I can even access them online and push them to my phone at any time. Go get it now!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
BA is a VZW app which comes preinstalled on some of the phones with blur. Are your contacts in Gmail?

No they were all hand entered into my phone

Understand but are they in your Gmail account or some other account? If they are in Gmail sync them and they will automatically reload to your new phone

OP
C

CrappyPhone

Reaction score
no, just in my phone. no gmail account or any other account with them in.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are not adverse to it sync them to your Gmail account and you will be good to go with new device

rage151

Reaction score
I know a few people who entered their contacts into gmail to prep for their new Android phone. Once you sign into Google from the handset, all of the contact info will immediately transfer to the phone.

If BA allows you to export a .csv file, you could do that, then import into gmail. Viola.. done.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
I know a few people who entered their contacts into gmail to prep for their new Android phone. Once you sign into Google from the handset, all of the contact info will immediately transfer to the phone.

If BA allows you to export a .csv file, you could do that, then import into gmail. Viola.. done.

you are assuming everyone uses GMAIL. I use verizon.net and have no intention of changing my email address after 10 years. BA is just as good in terms of backing up contacts.

rage151

Reaction score
You don't HAVE to use gmail. But your contacts can/will be stored there. You can set up all the other email accounts you want and use them.