Car Mount

Uglymouse

Reaction score
What car mount do you use or would you recommend? I've looked at the top rated ones in a previous post, but I would like to hear from you why you like what you have.

Thanks!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

kylo77

Reaction score
I picked up the iBolt Pro. It's a quality phone dock. My only complaint...and I'm told this is samsung's doing...is that the audio for phone calls still comes through the phone speaker and not the car speakers. the only way I found to over come this is to use the mini jack for the headphone and connect ing my car audio directly (sorry to say my car doesn't have bluetooth).

Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Active Car Dock/Holder/Mount for Samsung Galaxy S 3, S4 & Note 2 with aux-out to car-speakers. Works with ALL cases: Cell Phones & Accessories

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I don't have one for the S4 yet but thinking about getting this - Samsung Galaxy Universal Suction Car Mount Kit for Samsung Galaxy Phones

then using this code rv18623 to get 50% off.

It's got good reviews/ratings on Amazon - Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Universal Suction Car Mount Kit for Samsung Galaxy Phones: Cell Phones & Accessories

check out the video review on the Amazon link ^

Went ahead and placed an order for this one. Reviews look too good. Will ditch that charger and use that 2.0 AMP Moto car charger I just got.

lulalula

Reaction score
I bought this car mount kit for a long period, then i began to own my shiny GS4 baby,hhh....luckily, this kit also fit my GS4 well, so there is no need for me to buy a new one, lol....and i could put many devices on it ,like MP4 player,cos the dimension is adjustable, for this point it's no bad..

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I actually found the "As seen on TV GripNGo" for $5 at WalMart. It works pretty good my having an Otterbox Commuter case, it would work great for those that don't use a case/cover as the smooth back would stick as designed.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well got my car mount today and it was dead on arrival. I always order from Amazon prime but this was not actually sold by Amazon just fulfilled. It is a cheap Chinese knock off, branding is different from the video and it actually has Chinese lettering all over the box.

So be careful for anyone that does buy this off Amazon, I would order from anyone but them. This is the second part I got for my S4 that was a fake.

The other was a so called OEM charger that was anything but.

Sent from my S4

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Well got my car mount today and it was dead on arrival. I always order from Amazon prime but this was not actually sold by Amazon just fulfilled. It is a cheap Chinese knock off, branding is different from the video and it actually has Chinese lettering all over the box.

So be careful for anyone that does buy this off Amazon, I would order from anyone but them. This is the second part I got for my S4 that was a fake.

The other was a so called OEM charger that was anything but.

Sent from my S4

Should've ordered it from Samsung and used that code I posted!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Should've ordered it from Samsung and used that code I posted!

Used that for the wireless charging pad and back I also can't use. Big fail all around for me.

I ordered another dock straight from Amazon and they are shipping it for Saturday delivery for free for my inconvenience.

Sent from my S4

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Got my replacement dock from Amazon on Saturday, this one not broken. It works well for the most part, only downside is the dash on my Silverado is not smooth so it won't stick to it. However, sticking it to the windshield is solid as can be.

Just something to think about for others considering it.

mjs293

Reaction score
Galaxy Tab Wall Mount

lrg_4.jpg

will.anaya

Reaction score
I picked up the iBolt Pro. It's a quality phone dock. My only complaint...and I'm told this is samsung's doing...is that the audio for phone calls still comes through the phone speaker and not the car speakers. the only way I found to over come this is to use the mini jack for the headphone and connect ing my car audio directly (sorry to say my car doesn't have bluetooth).

Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Active Car Dock/Holder/Mount for Samsung Galaxy S 3, S4 & Note 2 with aux-out to car-speakers. Works with ALL cases: Cell Phones & Accessories

I would like to know if this only happens with some car systems. I have a dodge caliber with uConnect and my audio still comes through the speakers.