Car home google navigation

jwd45244

Reaction score
Is there a way to get google navigation to work with the default car home app? If not, how do you set up an alternative car home?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

pyro6128

Reaction score
Navigation should work with carhome already, what isn't working?

OP
J

jwd45244

Reaction score
The car home app launches vz navigator, and not google.

OP
J

jwd45244

Reaction score
Custom car home and Tasker to the rescue.

Set up Tasker to load custom car home when put into the car dock. Then Tasker kills the Charge's default car home app: Car Cradle.

RandomHero

Reaction score

Set up Tasker to load custom car home when put into the car dock. Then Tasker kills the Charge's default car home app: Car Cradle.

You wouldn't happen to have instructions on how to setup the tasker would you? I've been playing with it for about 30 min and I got it to kill the original car dock. But I can't get it to bring up car home when I put it in the cradle. Thanks.

OP
J

jwd45244

Reaction score

You wouldn't happen to have instructions on how to setup the tasker would you? I've been playing with it for about 30 min and I got it to kill the original car dock. But I can't get it to bring up car home when I put it in the cradle. Thanks.

Set up a profile and call it something like "driving"
Pick a State Context and use the Docked but then pick type of car. The add the task to do a Load App and pick your alternative car home app.