Car dock call audio

koftheworld

Reaction score
I have the oem car dock with usb audio, and whenever a call comes in it defaults to speakerphone instead of car stereo. Is there anyway to change the default setting? I've tried a few different dock apps and setting up tasker, but no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Riley

Reaction score
I have the oem car dock with usb audio, and whenever a call comes in it defaults to speakerphone instead of car stereo. Is there anyway to change the default setting? I've tried a few different dock apps and setting up tasker, but no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

I'm not sure how to change it not to do that, but I've simply just gotten into the habit of when a call comes in I hit the speaker phone button quick and it takes it off speaker and routes it all through your cars audio system again. Not ideal though. I haven't looked through all the blur settings menus to see if its simply a box checked or what.

pistacio

Reaction score
... in the habit of hitting speakerphone quickly also. It seems like this issue was overlooked by Motorola.

EDIT: I may have found something. I will report tomorrow after using the car dock.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

Last edited:

pistacio

Reaction score
Didn't work. I tried setting a shortcut to " dock settings" activity with launcher pro, once opened, there is no option to disable speakerphone...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

OP
K

koftheworld

Reaction score
I tried using an app to turn off the dock completely.that part worked, but calls still defaulted to the speaker.it's gotta be the dock service or a setting that we can't see.

Reaction score
IMHO, it is like that on purpose. I had my DX hooked up to my aux port and when I would be cranking music and a call would come in... 1 it would scare the chit out of me and 2 it would be ear splitting depending on how loud I was playing the music. I would much rather have my music cut out and the speaker phone ring giving me time to turn down my stereo and then hit the speaker button to put it back on the stereo at a more manageable volume. I actually stopped playing my music so loud with my DX just for this reason and if the D3 cuts to speaker when a call comes in, that is yet another reason for me to get it.

Also, plz don't lecture me about playing music loud, I work around operating jet engines for a living and I have my hearing checked every year. I'm good to go.

johnnyzero

Reaction score
I found a workaround for this...

After much frustration & a lot of searching, I finally came across a very clever workaround for this issue in a Motorola Atrix-related forum. Cheers and many thanks to ACraigL (Andrew) for his original post.

Here's how to get around it:

1) Go to Android Marketplace and install an app called "Setting Profiles". The free Lite version will do the job.

2) Run Setting Profiles on your phone.

3) Create a new profile that turns off the speakerphone; call it "Speakerphone Off" or whatever. Hint: to create a profile that does this, clear all the checkboxes and all the green stars, then enable the green star for Speakerphone and make sure that checkbox is unchecked.

4) Create a new Rule with the following two conditions: Docking State=car dock and Active Call. Next, use Add Tweak to add a 5-second Activation Delay (this is required so the phone doesn't override the Speakerphone Off setting). Finally, choose Add Action, Activate Profile, Speakerphone Off.

Voila! All incoming and outgoing calls will now play through your car speakers via the Car Dock's audio out.

Note: If you have trouble on your phone, try tweaking the delay time. The 5 second delay works flawlessly on my Bionic; the original poster said he ended up using 3 seconds for his Atrix.

I hope this is helpful to other users.

best,
JohnB

Last edited:

pistacio

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I have it set up, along with a homescreen widget, just waiting till its in the dock to try it. Is it safe to leave the profile active ALWAYS, or should it only be switched on before docking? I just don't want any other phone functions and settings changed while this profile is active.

Sent from:

[ ] Droid 1 A855
[ ] Droid 3 XT862
[x] Xoom WiFi

johnnyzero

Reaction score
If you read & follow the instructions in my post exactly, there's no need to create a homescreen widget or anything else. The Speakerphone Off profile will kick in automatically whenever your phone is docked and there's an active call. Also, if you create the profile exactly as described in my post (de-select all green stars except Speakerphone, make sure the Speakerphone checkbox is unchecked), it will disable the speakerphone and leave all other settings unchanged.

Trust me - this works.

pistacio

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from:

[ ] Droid 1 A855
[ ] Droid 3 XT862
[x] Xoom WiFi

pistacio

Reaction score
Confirming, this works on the Droid 3 perfectly with the 5 second delay. Thank you johnnyzero for posting here!

Sent from:

[ ] Droid 1 A855
[ ] Droid 3 XT862
[x] Xoom WiFi

mrrdaniels

Reaction score

----------------------------------------------
I have an HTC Desire - Clockwork Mod

1) To enable / disable Cardock go to an empty screen where you can add
icons/shortcuts
2) Press the bottom "Menu" key
3) Choose + (Add to Home)
4) Choose "shortcut"
5) Choose "settings"
6) Choose "car dock"
7) Press car dock
8) check or uncheck car dock as you please