car charging time

uma

Reaction score
How long does it take to fully charge the Droid via the car charger?
This will be my main charger for quite a few months.

brianr0131

Reaction score
It depends on the amperage of the car charger. I have a 1 amp charger which I believe is the highest amperage available. It's actually faster than the included wall charger. If you have a low one like 550 ma or less it could take quite some time.

Im sure you'll be fine though.

OP
U

uma

Reaction score
Sweet! I understand the wall chargers take about an hour to charge, is that correct? I'll look for a 1 amp charger. Thanks!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How long does it take to fully charge the Droid via the car charger?
This will be my main charger for quite a few months.

You know, I have never really tested that out. Always have a pretty good charge left when I get in the car and then charge the whole time I'm driving. So I guess I'm no help, but someone will come along and have a more comprehensivence answer then I do. They say that an AC charger takes about 90 minutes to fully charge a DROID and I'd guess that a car charger takes more time, but not sure. Anyway, good luck. Have you tried a Google search? That may give you your answer. Good luck!
:icon_ lala:

CBLJazz

Reaction score

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I noticed that my car charger takes a little longer than my wall charger...it's probably not a "good" one though lol

streetkid

Reaction score
If the battery is 1400 mAh, at 1.4 Amps it would charge in 1 hour

CBLJazz

Reaction score
i've given myself the task of leaving my phone charging whenever i'm doing battery intensive activities like gps nav.