Car Charger

bmoore09

Reaction score
First off, I got my Fascinate today. Love it. It's my first Android phone. I did play with the Droid 2 and Incredible as well but I think the look and feel of the Fascinate was well beyond those two. My GPS has been pretty spot-on, and the whole BING thing doesnt worry me too much. I took the BING widget off as soon as I got the phone.

My question is:
Do I need to buy a higher-end car charger (like the one for $29 at verizon) or can I go online at like ebay and buy one of those for like $5-10? My other phones in the past I've always bought the cheapies and they worked fine, but I've never had such an expensive phone before. Can those ruin the phones? Or are they ok? I know they may not last as long as the more $$ one's, but I just wanna know if they can do any harm.

Thank you

Steeeler

Reaction score
"In the beginning" people with the Droid 1 using a cheap charger where having problems with their phone acting weird while on the charger.

I have been using a generic charger on both my Droid 1 and my Fascinate without any problems.

denlem

Reaction score
I was using the el-cheapo 99 cent car charger that can be found on ebay with no problems on my Droid 1. I don't see a need to have to buy an expensive one.

One thing to watch for is the mA rating of the charger. Lower numbers will take longer to charge. The ebay one I got claimed to be 1000 mA, but is acting more like 100 since the charger barely keeps up with the phone.