Car Charger Compatibility

woodnymph79

Reaction score
Hi,

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question to many of you, but I am new to Android phones. I currently have a couple of car chargers for the HTC Incredible, which I canceled my order for once I heard about the release of Droid X. Will these chargers work for my Droid X, or do Droids from different companies not charge with the same device? (I won't receive my Droid X until Monday, and can't test it out.)

Thanks!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
As long as it's microUSB you're good. Make sure they supply closer to 1000mA unless you want to trickle charge.

mrgoochio

Reaction score
what is trickle charging and what are the effects of doing it? i have a cigarette port to usb plug that i used to use for my ipod but i can switch the wire to the usb to microusb. i tried it with my droid earlier today and it worked like normal except it charged like 10x faster than while connected to my PC or even the wall. forgot the voltage and what not on it though, i think it said something like 12V 5V?

FastEddie

Reaction score
Hi,

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question to many of you, but I am new to Android phones. I currently have a couple of car chargers for the HTC Incredible, which I canceled my order for once I heard about the release of Droid X. Will these chargers work for my Droid X, or do Droids from different companies not charge with the same device? (I won't receive my Droid X until Monday, and can't test it out.)

Thanks!

dancedroidNo they won't work the Port is smaller then the HTC

scoder

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks!

dancedroidNo they won't work the Port is smaller then the HTC

No it's not lol