Capacitive buttons are possessed

rachelw

Reaction score
For no reason my capacitive buttons on my Ultra will constantly activate, when I am no where near the buttons. Even when I am not even touching the phone. And not just once but many many times in a row. Anyone ever have this issue? It happens with the home screen and app reset buttons only and at all times, regardless of the app I am currently in. Please help. Beyond frustrating.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So only two of the three buttons light up?? Or am I misunderstanding?

OP
R

rachelw

Reaction score
No all 3 buttons light up but the home and app reset button are constantly pressed by themselves, without me even touching the phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Do you have a case on the phone, that could be touching that area?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Check to see if the display is clean. Grease and other debris can fool the capacitive display into thinking you're touching it. Also look for any gunk that might have settled into between the edges of the glass and the bezel. If there's anything in there take a thin piece of plastic with an edge or corner and work it into the gap and then drag along the separation to cull out the debris.

Otherwise, check to see if an app may be interfering. Boot into safe mode and see if the problem continues.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.