Can't use internet browser....help!

mrgagentleman

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone here can help me out. Every time I try to log on to the browser, unless its a Google site, as soon as the site completely loads, it takes me right back to the app I was previously using or the home screen. I have gone into settings but I see nothing that sets anything for the browser. Is there anything I can do about it or do I need to use my warranty to get a new phone? Someone please help!

Oh yeah, also, I purchased this phone from best buy. First time doing so. Do you have to purchase their insurance to get a warranty replacement or no?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone here can help me out. Every time I try to log on to the browser, unless its a Google site, as soon as the site completely loads, it takes me right back to the app I was previously using or the home screen. I have gone into settings but I see nothing that sets anything for the browser. Is there anything I can do about it or do I need to use my warranty to get a new phone? Someone please help!

Oh yeah, also, I purchased this phone from best buy. First time doing so. Do you have to purchase their insurance to get a warranty replacement or no?

Two things to try:

First; go to Manage Applications/All/Browser and clear defaults, clear cache and clear data.

Second; if that doesn't work, do a factory hard reset -

• [FONT=&quot]Turn the power off. If your HTC DROID Incredible is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Hold the Volume Down button[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Press and release the Power button[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.[/FONT]

OP
M

mrgagentleman

Reaction score

Two things to try:

First; go to Manage Applications/All/Browser and clear defaults, clear cache and clear data.

Second; if that doesn't work, do a factory hard reset -

• [FONT=&quot]Turn the power off. If your HTC DROID Incredible is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Hold the Volume Down button[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.[/FONT]

Factory hard reset did the trick. Thanks!