Can't unlock phone, touch screen isnt working

Randy72560

Reaction score
So I've had this phone about 4-5 days now, and the 2nd day I had it, I went to type in the pin code to unlock, and when i tapped the keypad, nothing happened at all. I restarted the phone a couple times, and it worked. It happened again the next day, same thing I restarted and it worked.

Tonight, same thing except I've restarted it a bunch of times and nothing. I thought maybe a hard reset would do the trick, and that hasn't worked either. Since the reset, I cant even set the phone back up, cause the touch screen doesnt work at all.

Any ideas? Or is this just a faulty phone?

Thanks

OP
Randy72560

Randy72560

Reaction score
Phone is rooted using towel root btw, not sure its related. I haven't installed anything special really - It was working a few minutes before this happened. So I dunno, I really LOVE this phone too.

OP
Randy72560

Randy72560

Reaction score
Yea I pulled the battery, soft reset, hard reset, etc - Ended up on an adventure yesterday to get it replaced.

We called verison, after they made me attempt tpp reset it a few times with no luck, they said "Yes, it's a hardware issues and they were going to send me a new one"

One problem though: They didn't have anymore in stock.... Keep in mind this was a 90 minute phoone call with 5 different verison employees passing me around and putting me on hold.

Finally they said: take it to the nearest verison store. They will exchange it because we had the 14 day no hassle return.,,,

Got off the phone with them, and called the nearest store which is an hour away. The store says since we boiught it online we couldnt exchange it there. Called verison back, had a 3way call with them and the local store, they agreed i could exchange it there.

So I drive an hour, get there, and they tell me they can't exchange it. Then verison calls, clear that issue up. Then they have issues refunding it etc.

Long story short, I told them I was leaving there with the NEW phone, after 1 1/2 hours at the store, they finally get it worked out. Fucking lame all around though.

so I have a new phone