Can't Unlock Moto Droid

kevins686

Reaction score
We've got a Verizon Motorola Droid, purchased in 2015, that has been sitting dormant for over a year. We're trying to get back into it, but can't remember the password for the Gmail account the phone was associated with, and Gmail won't allow us to rest the password, despite our having followed the steps. Verizon says there's nothing they can do. Is there a way to completely slick the phone and start from scratch with a different Gmail account?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
why can't you reset the password in gmail? If it is your account, there should be no problem using the forgotten password links on your pc.

basically, unless you reset that password you are out of luck.

OP
kevins686

kevins686

Reaction score
why can't you reset the password in gmail? If it is your account, there should be no problem using the forgotten password links on your pc.

basically, unless you reset that password you are out of luck.

We go through all the verification steps, including having a code sent to an alternate email. but it always comes back with a message that it can't verify that this email, the one we're trying to get back into, is ours.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Are there personal files that you absolutely have to recover? Why not Factory Reset from the Recovery Menu if there is nothing important in the phone you need?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
If you don't remove the account before a reset you cannot get back into it without that same account. Remember this changed in Nougat.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk