Can't uninstall lookout app

Ucantfakefresh

Reaction score
I can't uninstall the lookout app on my phone. I tried 3 different ways.can anyone help me?

chubby22

Reaction score
Try going to settings-security- administrators.. remove lookout from this list...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

corby

Reaction score
Y would u wanna uninstall honestly I think that app is what kept my phone working like a dream since I bought it

chubby22

Reaction score
You're welcome...

Heywood

Reaction score
Y would u wanna uninstall honestly I think that app is what kept my phone working like a dream since I bought it

On a whim I decided to shutdown Lookout for the day. Not only did it speed up my phone substantially but everything is so much smoother. After 12 hours off the charger with minimal use the battery only dropped to 90%. It was also the culprit causing my phone to lag after swipe unlocking via Widget Locker

I like the idea of having it regarding viruses, malware, etc. but until there are very real threats attacking Android OS I'm done with it.

Str8Tlkr

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Vivid
For all those looking to solve the mystery of where the heck Device Admin settings are on phones like HTC Vivid like I have been doing: I was looking to deactivate Lookout. My exhaustive search has informed me to look in Settings then Location and Security…which is nonexistent. Then I finally had a ‘duh moment’. Go to the app itself and deactivate device admin! Then the ‘uninstall’ option is granted/lit up in your Settings–Apps. Frustration induced self harm/binge drinking averted.