Can't turn off unlock pattern :(

OpalCat

Reaction score
I have an unlock pattern set on my Droid, but I think I want to try it without the pattern for a while. However, it won't let me un-check "require pattern" in the settings! HALP!

GameBoiye

Reaction score
Do you have a corporate exchange account setup for e-mail on it? I know they can set it so that phones require a lock code.

OP
OpalCat

OpalCat

Reaction score
No, I'm a self-employed stay-home mom. This is my personal phone. I set up the unlock code a few weeks ago to try it out, and now I want to turn it off at least for now.

dro

Reaction score
That is odd. Try downloading the lock pattern on/off widget from curvfish. If you have mylock installed try resetting it by clicking on/off twice.

hamjohnny123

Reaction score
I see this posting is from March...but I had the same problem on my Incredible, (unable to "Un-Check" the Require Pattern box). *I was able to simply turn the phone OFF. Upon rebooting the phone, the Pattern Security was no longer in effect. Perhaps it resets itself and must be re-applied each time you turn your phone on. Worked for me! Good luck.

Carlbc18

Reaction score
DroidX had this problem, I disabled the pattern after setting it, and it wouldn't go away. I downloaded the suggested app, and my problems are gone.