Can't send email through Earthlink

RedRocker

Reaction score
I receive emails, but can't reply to them. I'm guessing I didn't set up the pathway
properly if that's the correct terminology. I'm pretty much of a Luddite, so if you
have any idea, keep it simple. :icon_eek:

OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's more to do with the setup on the phone HTC one, how do you modify the email settings?
I was going to delete the account, but it would erase my address book that I had to enter by hand due to
a whole nuther set of problems.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The problem "may" be that if you want to use Earthlink to send the mail, off their system, (it would be easier to use the Google SMTP), you need to use SMTPAUTH.EARTHLINK.NET with port # 587 with your full Elink mail address and password.

OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Reaction score
The problem "may" be that if you want to use Earthlink to send the mail, off their system, (it would be easier to use the Google SMTP), you need to use SMTPAUTH.EARTHLINK.NET with port # 587 with your full Elink mail address and password.

I agree, how do I access where I need to change that? Thanks. I access the setup wizard, account settings, but no way to
change that setting.

Last edited:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you are using the stock mail app I can't be much help, however most of the time after opening up most apps there is a soft menu that should lead to settings (account settings). Maybe someone else can help but I am certain the settings can be changed, manually.

Are you using the stock mail app?

OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Reaction score
Yes, they have several email carriers on the phone & an option to add one not listed, that's what I did. I can get to settings, but
it's for everything but the pathways/ports. OK, I think I just stumbled on how to do it, geeeze! LOL Thank you for your help.
What I have showing is POP Server pop.mindspring.com, server port 110, is that where I put in the changes?

Last edited:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, they have several email carriers on the phone & an option to add one not listed, that's what I did. I can get to settings, but
it's for everything but the pathways/ports. OK, I think I just stumbled on how to do it, geeeze! LOL Thank you for your help.
What I have showing is POP Server pop.mindspring.com, server port 110, is that where I put in the changes?

That's the place and that info is correct for inbound.

OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Reaction score
Did a reboot, that did the trick after the 587 switch. Thanks for your help. Mike