Can't seem to update to new market

armopride07

Reaction score
Can't seem to update to new market [Fixed]

I've seen a few threads about people with the new version of the market. Mine is still the old one. Is there any way to get it to update? Does it make a difference that I'm rooted with a different rom running?

Any reviews of the new market? What do you guys think?

[EDIT]- Resolved. Thanks everyone =]

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

captain howdy

Reaction score
Hey get the apk here (edit: link removed)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Please do not post links to APK's. There is no way of knowing if such a link leads to an apk file that has had malware introduced into it. The DF staff will test any apk's made available through this forum.

For the market update, check out this News story here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-now-new-look-android-market-coming-soon.html

thanks!

As for the new market I like it. Eventually we'll all end up with it anyways, through a rom update, manual update, or regular market update. They did say the market update was going to be rolled out to phones over a couple week period of time. It is possible you are just at the end of the list.

Last edited:

captain howdy

Reaction score
Since I can't post the link just do a search" new android market app " here in this fourm posted by eMWu and you find the link im not allowed to post yet other are.

Last edited:

captain howdy

Reaction score
As far as the update goes I got it. As far as the new market... well it has some good points. As far as the bad points, it does not list the just out apps and only gives a limited number alps unlike the old market were you can just keep scrolling down for ever it seems.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Since I can't post the link just do a search" new android market app " here in this fourm posted by eMWu and you find the link im not allowed to post yet other are.

If you click the red link in my post above you'll end up in the news section of the forum. One of the admins here, Wicked, has a link he provides at the bottom of the first post of that thread.

Great tip on searching the site or the web for a copy, that works too. Everyone just should be careful on what they manually install on their phones.

We just don't want to have lots of links to various apk's outside of the market...some of which might turn out to have little surprises in them that we'd rather not have end up on folk's phones.