Can't reboot into recovery

tundra2000

Reaction score
I rooted it a couple months ago so i installed ROM Manager and installed Bugless Beast V0.4, everything was going fine untill the about a week ago that's when ROM Manager need to update but it was stuck on the update and would not finsh so i tried to cancel and try to update it again but it force closes so I uninstall ROM Manager hoping it would stop the update and i can try to install it again but when i went back into the market it still showed ROM Manager was trying to update and i can't install ROM Manager again because it's stuck on the update and i can't cancel the download because it force closes. So i was going to reboot into recovery to try and restore it to a different time but i does not let me reboot into recovery and I tried to reset it back to factory but as it's shutting down it shows a force close in the background. What I'm trying to do is get ROM Manager the free version on my droid.

It will reboot just fine, it can't reboot into recovery.

Last edited:

Cloppy

Reaction score
how familiar are you with the ADB shell? maybe you can download the latest recovery and run the flash command manually through the adb shell

deaf leppy

Reaction score
Or try using SP recovery and learn how to use update.zip / nandroid restores..

veedubsky

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem. Every app I try and load just force closes. ROM manager also force closes so I cant even just get back to stock. I had BB and it gave me an error so I went and put UD on that gave me a problem also so I flashed back to BB and now everything force closes.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
veedubsky

Try wiping data and cache x3. I'm willing to bet you just got some code left from the previous ROM. I had some hiccups installing UD from BB as well and couldn't go back to stock.

I gave up trying thinking time was being wasted so I wiped my phone 3 times and installed UD. All is well in the world

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
tundra2000

Seems like somehow ROM Manager broke recovery. Are you still rooted? Maybe a fresh install of sbf would do the trick? If so, your backups would still be on the SD Card so you could get at them once you flashed.

I dunno, just an idea really.

veedubsky

Reaction score
veedubsky

Try wiping data and cache x3. I'm willing to bet you just got some code left from the previous ROM. I had some hiccups installing UD from BB as well and couldn't go back to stock.

I gave up trying thinking time was being wasted so I wiped my phone 3 times and installed UD. All is well in the world

Thanks for the help. I unrooted and rooted again. Then did a Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and it seems to running good now.