can't play videos that ppl send in a text

ImJustMeow

Reaction score
When sometime sends me a video in a text, it will download it but it will only be a still frame that is played the whole time. That's using handcent and the stock app

ripper2860

Reaction score
Are you connected via Wi-Fi or 3G/4G? I'm only able to download and play via 3G / 4G.

OP
ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow

Reaction score
4G. My boyfriend bionic is the same way. I can send to other phone types like 3G and other service providers but 4G phones can't play them.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Try downloading mx player from the app store and see that will play them. Also, are these videos sent from an iphone by chance?

OP
ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow

Reaction score
One was. The others were sent by my boyfriends bionic and my sisters droid 2.. So its any video. But i can send videos to my sister and my friends. But if i send to my boyfriend, his are messed up like mine.. He also can't play them when receiving from other ppl

OP
ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow

Reaction score
I just tried to save to sd card and try and view it that way, it just saves it as a picture.

OP
ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow

Reaction score
Its just videos being sent by text. They can email them to me and i can watch it. I can download from Facebook and watch videos too

OP
ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow

Reaction score
I just had my friend who has u.s. Cellular send Me a video and it played. But I'd my boyfriend or sister send me one, it won't play

OP
ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow

Reaction score
No but i solved this problem. When you send text with a video, it won't play, but if they or i send just the video with no text or signature, it works. I tested different videos with different ppl. Text is messing them up

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I've had problems when iphone people send me pictures it plays like a video, and videos come up like pictures. But otherwise no problem. On the custom rom I'm running the stock video player freezes, do I use mx player instead. So crazy things happen sometimes

OP
ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow

Reaction score
Now I'm having more issues. When i send someone a picture, it just shows up as a gray box. And my boyfriend sill can't play any video i send him

OP
ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Now when i download a video, its a still picture but with the audio.