can't play any video files anymore

cyber3dx

Reaction score
This is weird. For the past few days my mp4 videos (ripped with DVD Catalyst) will not play. I see the time skipping like it is in fast forward, the screen is blank, and there is no audio. These worked fine up until about a week and a half ago. And always worked great on my D1.

I've tried playing them using ES Media Player, Act 1 video player, QuickPic, Video Player. Same problem with all.

Any ideas?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
My 2 favorite players are Rock Player and Daroon.

I wonder if you need to clear system cache partition. Hopefully a factory reset isn't necessary.

OP
cyber3dx

cyber3dx

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. But, how do I clear system cache partition?

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Are you rooted, Cyber? If you are, clear your cache from recovery mode.

I don't know if that will work, though. If you are rooted, I'd also try doing a factory reset and restoring my last backup (hopefully, a recent one).

If you're not rooted, assuming you've already tried a battery pull, did you do an OTA update or anything else that stands out since the last time video worked?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
cyber3dx

cyber3dx

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Shimmy549. Not rooted. Done a factory reset. Unfortunately I can't be sure which program I loaded just before this started happening.

I may take the plunge and root the darn thing. Though I've always been hesitant to do so. Guess I gotta do what i gotta do.