Can't Mount Droid to Laptop

Zozz

Reaction score
Yea I just go a Dell xps 1645 running Win 7 home 64bit and I can't mount my droid to it. I tried the motorola driver for their mobile devices and nothing. It appears under device manager and it shows up but I can't mount this device.

I have no issue at all with it on my custom built pc, I can't seem to find an update driver for the Droid itself. Help, please?

sddenizen

Reaction score
I have the same problem trying to mount my Droid to my desktop which has Win 7 64-bit, upgraded from Win Vista. I have no problem mounting on my new laptop which runs Win 7 64-bit or my wife's desktop which runs Win 7 32-bit, upgraded from Win Vista.

You would think that if it shows up in Device Manager as functioning properly that the Droid would show up in My Computer as a separate drive. No luck.

OP
Zozz

Zozz

Reaction score
Yea, I spoke with a Moto. rep and they said that the Droid is incompatible with Windows 7. (BS) because it works perfectly fine on my pc. It temporarily worked on my laptop when I put it under debugging mode but it failed after a while. I wanted to wipe my HDD and put a fresh install of Win 7 on my pc but now I'm worried that it could act out like it does on my laptop. Hopefully this compatibility issue gets fixed on the 2.1 update.

OP
Zozz

Zozz

Reaction score
I did everything imaginable, it's not worth the effort. It's a shame because I use my Droid as a flash drive, transferring over Bluetooth or wifi is inefficient, so is using a SD adapter.