Cant listen to/talk in calls

Harbeezy

Reaction score
I dropped my Droid X today, but it did have a case or bumper or w.e on it so it didnt seem like it broke or anything. But now whenever I call, or receive incoming calls, the phone is just silent. Nothing I say goes through the line and I cant hear anything either. I checked the speakers and they still work, and I checked the microphone through the text talking thing, and that worked as well. So I'm not sure why it isnt working. Any help?

error1985

Reaction score
No audio during calls or when playing music either unless using headphones with mic.

I also have this problem except I never dropped my phones. I am currently on my 2nd Droid X and both worked fine for like a week before the audio on the ear-speaker stops working. Like the OP says, you can make calls and answer calls, but you cannot hear anything unless you put the phone on Speaker or you plug in your hand free headphones. I can't even listen to music withouth having to plug in headphones because otherwise there is no audio. I can't belive no one else is reporting these audio problems. I tried using the Audio Toggle app and it did allow me to hear the people on the other line finally through the ear speaker but then I could no longer play music or hear calls if I plugged in my headphones.... I have to guess it is a software issue since the audio toggle app proves the speaker it self works fine. HELP?