Can't install ROM

mikey4226

Reaction score
For some reason, I'm getting an error message when I try to install Darkslide V4.2 Blur. Right now running a rooted DX, stock ROM, OC'd with Droid X Overclock. Here are my steps:

- saved the DarkSlideBlur_v4.2.zip file into sdcard/Root_files
- go into Bootstrap, mount/system
- clear data/factory reset
- install from zip
- choose zip from sd
- select the file from the saved location above
- then it says it can't open the file (bad), and installation aborted.

I downloaded the file from the OP, so I'm not sure why it's not able to open it. Does anyone else have a copy of the file I could try downloading or is something else wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

maybish

Reaction score
Try downloading it and leave it where it is in download folder. Then try installing it. Hope this helps!

sent from May's X!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
For some reason, I'm getting an error message when I try to install Darkslide V4.2 Blur. Right now running a rooted DX, stock ROM, OC'd with Droid X Overclock. Here are my steps:

- saved the DarkSlideBlur_v4.2.zip file into sdcard/Root_files
- go into Bootstrap, mount/system
- clear data/factory reset
- install from zip
- choose zip from sd
- select the file from the saved location above
- then it says it can't open the file (bad), and installation aborted.

I downloaded the file from the OP, so I'm not sure why it's not able to open it. Does anyone else have a copy of the file I could try downloading or is something else wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you installed it to your phone the file may be corrupt. Try downloading again, possibly over wifi. Actually I strongly suggest, if you can, download to your PC then move it over to the root of your SD card. Keep us posted. The install instructions your following seem to be right on. I think the file is bad.

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
Sorry, I guess I should have written that more clearly. I actually did download it on my PC and then move it to the sdcard. Should I try downloading it again? Or do you know of another source link I could get the file from?

maybish

Reaction score
Have you tried downloading from your phone???? That's probably the easiest way.

Oh and does darkslide require you to mount system??? Maybe leave that step out.

sent from May's X!

maybish

Reaction score
I just looked and said you need to mount. Are you on the right system??

Says must be on 2.3.32 or 2.3.34

sent from May's X!

maybish

Reaction score
Hope you get it! I user darkslide for a while and liked it. Now in on liberty. Are you able to install a different rom?

sent from May's X!

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
I'll try downloading straight to the phone first. I also re- downloaded the file to my pc to try again as plan b. I was able to instal liberty with no problems, so I'm guessing it's an issue with the file I downloaded

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
Ps...I'm running stock 2.3.340 right now

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't had time to reinstall it yet, but I have downloaded it straight to my phone and re downloaded it on my pc, so I'm ready to go either way. I'll try to give it another go tonight when I get home. I'll keep you all informed. Thanks for following up with me! Gotta love the support on droid forums!

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
Just got home and tried the installation again. I used the file I downloaded straight to my phone (not the one I saved onto my pc) and everything installed perfectly! I'm guessing my original file I downloaded was corrupted during the dl process.

Everything seems to be going well, so now I just have the task of setting up everything to my liking. Thanks for all your help, I'm excited to play around with DarkSlide!

maybish

Reaction score
Ahhhh good!!! Yeah the fun begins!

sent from May's X!

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
While playing with the new Rom, I noticed that I'm unable to download anything from the phone browser. I've tried with Miren and the stock browser and both result in "download failed." Anyone else having this issue?