Can't hear caller!

zfly9

Reaction score
Since upgrading to 2.0.1 sometimes I can't hear the caller but I'm pretty sure they can here me.

If I put it on speaker phone it works fine or if I restart it will work regularly for some time.

Anyone know what the problem is ?

vdubbin

Reaction score
I had that problem, ended up going to Verizon they couldn't fix it so they gave me a new phone

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Since upgrading to 2.0.1 sometimes I can't hear the caller but I'm pretty sure they can here me.

If I put it on speaker phone it works fine or if I restart it will work regularly for some time.

Anyone know what the problem is ?

What??

lol....Sounds like a defective phone....get it replaced...

OP
Z

zfly9

Reaction score
Weird though because it never happened until after the manual install to 2.0.1

MikeDroid

Reaction score
That is a a new one. Did you remove the battery and reboot before you went to store?

joef78

Reaction score
This happened on my very first call after the update. Hasn't happened again since. Interesting....

wylie

Reaction score
Happened twice since the update. Never happened before the update.

tamitickle

Reaction score
It happened to me after the update as well. Verizon gave me a new phone. I'd suggest getting a new one if you are within your thirty days.

luey81

Reaction score
Everyday Occurrence

I too am having this problem. It never occurred until I updated to 2.01. The only way to solve the problem is to completely turn the phone off and then back on. Like the other postings, the speakerphone is the only way to communicate with the caller when this occurs.

HELP! This is unacceptable.

brocja01

Reaction score
I've also had this problem. What I have to do is turn the speaker phone on and then turn it back off. I can usually hear the caller, but it is so quiet that I can barley make it out.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had intermittant times with hearing my wife, I attribute 50% to her being on BT to her Nuvi and how well that is connected, the other 50% is me just drifting off during the conversation hehehehe ....

omally

Reaction score
This happened to me once as well. Turning the phone off and on fixed the issue; I'd been playing around with it pretty heavy for a while, particularly pulling it in and out of the car dock a bunch of times, so I figured that somehow caused the problem. Either that or the fact that I'd been charging it with an AC inverter and USB cable, which played havoc with the touch screen, and maybe the phone, too. Haven't seen it but just the one time.

crspang

Reaction score
This happened to me once as well. Turning the phone off and on fixed the issue; I'd been playing around with it pretty heavy for a while, particularly pulling it in and out of the car dock a bunch of times, so I figured that somehow caused the problem. Either that or the fact that I'd been charging it with an AC inverter and USB cable, which played havoc with the touch screen, and maybe the phone, too. Haven't seen it but just the one time.

Check this link out.....
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...cial-thread-no-sound-after-headphone-use.html

204janet

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for or not...I was having the same problem and I downloaded the app volume control...it has an in-call volume control...no problems after I installed

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Just happened to me today. Just started using some new bluetooth headphones so I thought they were the cause. Powered off...then on, and it is working again....thus far at least.