Can't get rid of notification msg: ""Authorize HTC sense to access your Facebook"

kimintenn

Reaction score
Just got my rezound yesterday and when logging into facebook a notification popped up that said ""Authorize HTC sense to access your Facebook". Unfortunately I can't get rid of the notification and it stays up at the top of the screen. If I click on it, it goes to a facebook type page that says "an error occurred with Sense on facebook, please try again later. However, my facebook app works fine, I just can't get rid of the error notification. Pressing clear doesn't remove it.

Anyone seen this? I did a google search and saw a few other people with the issue, but no real fix.

Edited to add fix:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...c-sense-access-your-facebook.html#post1970471

Last edited:

Mondingo

Reaction score
Try removing Facebook account under Accounts and syncs and then add Facebook again. Log back in and see what happens..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
Try removing Facebook account under Accounts and syncs and then add Facebook again. Log back in and see what happens..

Thanks, I'll try that.

Mondingo

Reaction score
If that does not work, try going under manage applications and select all. Then Facebook for Htc Sense. Clear the data and cache. Forcestop it and then try it again.

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
If that does not work, try going under manage applications and select all. Then Facebook for Htc Sense. Clear the data and cache. Forcestop it and then try it again.

Thanks! Tried this and it did remove the notification temporarily but as soon as I tried to log back into facebook it came back.
I noticed in my running application list that it shows "facebook" and "facebook for sense"... is there a difference?

Mondingo

Reaction score
You can access Facebook Sense from friend stream. It's kind of like a short cut to Facebook without tapping on the Facebook app. It should be one of your default home screens. It's a widget I believe.

Mondingo

Reaction score
If none works I would at least try to restart your phone fully. But take the fast boot off first. I believe its under Settings and then power. Uncheck Fast boot and power off the phone completely. It will take at least a minute to restart. Last resort is factory reset..

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
Thanks! Tried this and it did remove the notification temporarily but as soon as I tried to log back into facebook it came back.
I noticed in my running application list that it shows "facebook" and "facebook for sense"... is there a difference?

If none works I would at least try to restart your phone fully. But take the fast boot off first. I believe its under Settings and then power. Uncheck Fast boot and power off the phone completely. It will take at least a minute to restart. Last resort is factory reset..

Tried to access it through Friends Stream and it pulled it up but still gave the Can't access error. I'll try rebooting like you suggested... what does the Fast Boot do anyway? (I just unchecked it)

Mondingo

Reaction score

Facebook and Facebook for Htc Sense will stay running as soon as you access it. You did select yes when it asked you right?

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
Facebook and Facebook for Htc Sense will stay running as soon as you access it. You did select yes when it asked you right?

Yes, I did... Is there any chance it's being caused by the I don't let Facebook sync with my contacts? (it asks that when you login the first time)

Mondingo

Reaction score
Tried to access it through Friends Stream and it pulled it up but still gave the Can't access error. I'll try rebooting like you suggested... what does the Fast Boot do anyway? (I just unchecked it)

Some apps for some reason will not run or boot up correctly if fast boot is on. I yet to have a problem though. What you could do also is remove friend stream from your home page and then add it again. Just hold your finger in the page . Drag it down to remove, then hold your finger in the blank page, select widget and friend stream.. Other then that I'm lost. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion. Good luck.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I had to flat out remove the HTC compiled facebook and install it from the market before I got this to stop. If you actually want it to work, then god help you...haha....or just do a factory reset and start over again. Sense isn't too forgiving when it comes to errors.

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
I had to flat out remove the HTC compiled facebook and install it from the market before I got this to stop. If you actually want it to work, then god help you...haha....or just do a factory reset and start over again. Sense isn't too forgiving when it comes to errors.
Love your avatar! Great movies.

I wanted to uninstall all of the facebook stuff and then redo it, but it wouldn't let me uninstall, or at least i couldnt figure out how to.

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
I think I finally fixed it! In case anybody else ever has this problem, try this:
Facebook on your PC > Privacy Settings > Apps and Settings (at bottom of page); click edit > click Turn On Apps > Login to FB on your phone

Edited to add: that is definitely the fix... I tried turning off apps on FB/PC and FB/phone had the error again. Turning them back on fixed it.