Cant get my phone to work

dorlisa

Reaction score
I updated the Launcherpro Plus yesterday and my phone started lagging well, tonight it comes up Sorry LauncherPro (process android.process.acore) had stopped unexpectedly. Please try again... that is as far as I can get... I have reported, force closed.. turned off and rebooted... but it will not let me past that screen.

I am rooted and use LithiumMod..... but I am new to being Rooted =( What can I do to get my phone to work? It worked perfect until I updated ..

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you cant get to uninstall it id suggest a restore in recovery.

OP
dorlisa

dorlisa

Reaction score
I have nothing backed up.. not sure how to back up my stuff... does that matter?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
First, never make any changes to your phones OS without making a backup first. A solid backup can save you hours of work and frustration.

What recovery system are you using (SPR or Rom Manager)? Can you boot into recovery?
Is the rom that you are running still on your SD card? If so, boot into recovery and reflash the rom.

Mike

OP
dorlisa

dorlisa

Reaction score
I use Rom Manager (updated it yesterday also) and yes, I can boot into recovery. I tried to redo the upload.zip and rebooted but that didnt help.

I know this is stupid but how do you back up your system?? and then.. what do you mean reflash the rom?

OP
dorlisa

dorlisa

Reaction score
okay I found Nandroid (I think it is called and I did a back up)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you installed Lithium rom manager should have prompted you to make a backup and /or to wipe data and cache. Did you do either?

Rom Manager includes ClockWork recovery. When you first installed Rom Manger you should have been prompted to flash Clock Work. Clock Work allows you to make and restore backups.

Additionally, Rom Manager offers the SPRecovery process. Like ClockWork, SPR allow you to create and restore backups.

Reflash is another term for installing.

When you tried to "redo" the update.zip did you what exactly did you do?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Great! Just verify the date that you made the backup. I want to be sure is was made after you rooted. If it was restore it and you will be fine.

Mike

OP
dorlisa

dorlisa

Reaction score
I know I wiped cache and data, cant remember about the backup =(

I do have clockwork recovery

at the recovery, I did the apply sdcard:update.zip should I have done the install zip from sdcard?

OP
dorlisa

dorlisa

Reaction score

Great! Just verify the date that you made the backup. I want to be sure is was made after you rooted. If it was restore it and you will be fine.

Mike
I just did the back up though =( where do I find the backups? I am still in recovery, can I see the back ups from there?

OP
dorlisa

dorlisa

Reaction score
Gosh, I found where I did back it up on the 7th.. cant remember if that is before I put LithiumMod on there or not but If I choose that, I can always go in and redo everything right? =(

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know I wiped cache and data, cant remember about the backup =(

OK you have a fresh slate to install on

I do have clockwork recovery

If you have clockwork then a backup in nandroid will not work. Clockwrok will only restore backups made with clockwork and SPR will only restore backups made with SPR.

Please check your SD card for a file named ClockWorkmod. If you used Clockwork to make a backup it will be in that file

at the recovery, I did the apply sdcard:update.zip should I have done the install zip from sdcard?

Yes.

Comments is red.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gosh, I found where I did back it up on the 7th.. cant remember if that is before I put LithiumMod on there or not but If I choose that, I can always go in and redo everything right? =(

Yes you can redo.

However, before you restore, try to reinstall with the install from SD card

OP
dorlisa

dorlisa

Reaction score
okay... all I am getting now is the eyeball and Droid over and over... I couldnt even power it off so I took the battery out... =(