Can't get moto droid to turn on.

mtpktz.

Reaction score
I can't get my moto droid to turn on. The phone is on stock 2.1 (non-rooted). I've tried a battery pull ~20 times to no avail and held the power button for intervals ranging from 5secs to 30secs and it still won't turn on.

Anybody have any ideas?

ShowTime

Reaction score
Stupid question perhaps, but are you sure it's charged? Droids are notorious for draining crazy fast when off. If you had it off for any extended period of time there's a good chance the battery is dead.

SGTiger

Reaction score
I can't get my moto droid to turn on. The phone is on stock 2.1 (non-rooted). I've tried a battery pull ~20 times to no avail and held the power button for intervals ranging from 5secs to 30secs and it still won't turn on.

Anybody have any ideas?

Are you getting anything at all on the screen? If you at least get the M logo, you may need to do a factory reset. If you aren't getting anything period is it possible the battery is completely dead, and the phone isn't getting any juice through the cable because of a bad connection? Maybe the charger is dead and the battery you think is charged is really not? I know it sounds too obvious, but just checking.

Edit: Looks like I duplicated some of Showtime's thoughts because I typed too slow :)

OP
M

mtpktz.

Reaction score
Battery was fully charged when it went off. I'm pretty certain this isn't a battery issue but thanks for the ideas anyhow.

dolpns13

Reaction score
this happened to me twice.. I went ot bed with a charge, when I woke up the phone was dead and wouldnt turn on. I had to just plug it into the wall, not the laptop. If it is dead and you plug it into a computer, it goes into some weird boot mode and wont turn on.. Try just pkugging it into the wall

NYZ93

Reaction score
Stupid question perhaps, but are you sure it's charged? Droids are notorious for draining crazy fast when off. If you had it off for any extended period of time there's a good chance the battery is dead.

if you completely drained the battery it might not accept a charge. Lithium Ion Polymer batteries are notorious for this.

So this poses a major problem for me if superjay is correct because i will be traveling to europe in august and leaving my droid behind, off, in a draw
when i return it wont work???

dolpns13

Reaction score

if you completely drained the battery it might not accept a charge. Lithium Ion Polymer batteries are notorious for this.

So this poses a major problem for me if superjay is correct because i will be traveling to europe in august and leaving my droid behind, off, in a draw
when i return it wont work???
I dont know why the battery would drain if the phone is turned off.. If so, one solution would be to turn off the phone and just remove the battery until you return

Superjay

Reaction score
^this...remove the battery. That will keep it from draining.

If you completely drain a LiOP battery you'll need to shock start it into accepting a charge. That means a high current charge. Don't use the USB cable to your computer. You'll need to charge the battery with a powered USB hub or a USB car charger...not the VZW charger, but a 12v to USB adapter. Scosche makes one that will send high current to the phone. You'll need to charge at 10mAH to get it to full charge, otherwise it will never be 100% again.